Thread: Back Pain... Health anxiety 37 years old

Back Pain... Health anxiety 37 years old

8 weeks ago, I woke up with a bad pain in the middle of my back ( only in the morning ). This has lasted for weeks but has now dulled ..
    I now wake up about 5 times a night worrying and in the morning feeling really groggy and have started noticing my joints are paining... I have also started noticing lots of other things different with my body.
    The doctor has explained I have health anxiety... after this has been a stressful few month anyway.
    He has done blood counts which came back normal but I have also got an MRI booked..
    How can health anxiety cause all of these symptoms ?
    Has anyone been through this... Help!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya actorwill and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Back Pain... Health anxiety 37 years old

You only have to read through all the posts on here to see how many symptoms are caused by anxiety.

It is hard to accept I agree but once you do it's a big step forward towards your recovery.

If you've been to the doctor and been diagnosed with anxiety then trust him to know what he's talking about. He wouldn't send you away if he felt there was something else wrong.

I can't tell you how many different ailments/symptoms I've had that were all due to anxiety. No they're not imagined and are very real but they're not serious and won't kill me and if I can control my anxiety they begin to disappear.

Do you have anything for your anxiety? Medication or therapy?

Re: Back Pain... Health anxiety 37 years old

Thanks for the support, I will make sure I read your posts.
    I have just started taking Sominex to help me sleep because I am wide awake 5 times a night. I really hate feeling groggy in the morning so I hope they start to help.
    I will try to use this site to help me as googling all of the things I have just really scares me.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information