Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluoxitine 8 weeks and nothing

Re: Fluoxitine 8 weeks and nothing

When I first went on fluox I had terrible side effects but I'm not sure if it was me or the tablets, if that makes sense. I was so bad my husband called an ambulance but after heart checks etc they said I was fine. Since then I have never got in that state so I don't know if it was my head or not. Maybe they do make a difference but not what I was expecting. I never want to change dosage or change meds, can't go thro that again. Mornings are horrible, I try to divert my thought but it's very hard. By evening I have calmed down

What symptoms do you feel in the mornings? Do you ever feel normal? I too am bad in the morning and by night I can at least sit down and watch TV or tidy a bit but I have not had one feeling of normality since this happened.

Detached dizzy like feeling I'm the morning, really on edge and anything can startle me. Worst time of day for me for sure.

Yeah I have that permanently. I'm sick first thing and my legs are like jelly. The shakes are awful too. Hopefully we get better soon x

I'm okay lying in bed but as soon as I get up my legs go weak and shaky. My stomach churns and my heart beats faster. I grab a banana and a coffee thinking well you haven't eaten or drunk for 11or 12 hours no wonder you are shaky. Daft really cos have always not eaten or drunk for the night and was never bothered by that in the past. Anyway makes no difference I just have to wait for hours till I feel better. I had hoped fluox would help with that but no it hasn't. I live in hope
    Also have lost 2 stone in weight cos didn't eat much for weeks. Trying hard now to put some back on
    Last edited by Jadedflower; 29-05-16 at 20:40.

That's funny you should say that as that's exactly what I think! I've never had breakfast but now I'm concerned with the blood sugar thing so force some food down. Not once in my life has this bothered me previously :(

Great minds think alike. Same this morning shaky while shoving a banana in telling myself it's good for you. I'm such an arse.

Haha you're definitely not. I have never been a breakfast person so it just adds to the torture. I have some decaf tea with half a tespoon of sugar and a belvita biscuit! My brain seriously hates me I swear

Have you tried the Facebook group called depression is an illness not a weakness
    It's very good with lots of like minded ppl. Run by excellent admin who have all had probs themselves . I have made a lot of friends on there

No I will have a look. Thanks you x

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information