Thread: Grrr... Sleep is messed up again!

Grrr... Sleep is messed up again!

New post minus the expletive - eek, sorry!

I have been getting some decent zzzzz's since starting Citalopram after suffering months of horrendous insomnia. But just recently I've started waking up again at 4am and I'm unable to get back to sleep. I have zopiclone here but I don't really want to use them if this is transitory and just a Citalopram thing.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Re: Grrr... Sleep is messed up again!

I don't sleep well and I have.t for nearly 6 weeks and it's a killer especially with 2 children a hubby and full time job I'm exhausted I wake 3 4 times a night but just this past week wen I wake I try reading or put a film on on my phone this helps me nod of for a few hours more I can't just lay there and my chatterbox kicks off and then I start to panic hope this helps x

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    New post minus the expletive - eek, sorry!

I have been getting some decent zzzzz's since starting Citalopram after suffering months of horrendous insomnia. But just recently I've started waking up again at 4am and I'm unable to get back to sleep. I have zopiclone here but I don't really want to use them if this is transitory and just a Citalopram thing.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Same thing is happening to me! I sleep like a baby until 4-5am. The only thing I noticed is that if i eat to close to bed time this seems to be the reason for waking up earlier, but I am still experimenting lol

I don't know if zopiclone would even help with this, it seems to send me into a lovely deep sleep but doesn't stoo me from waking at silly hours - and then my brain starts working so I've no chance of getting back to sleep! But it's worth giving the zopiclone a try, I used it once ir twice a week when I first went on citalopram and found getting a good nights sleep helped a lot x

That's interesting because I've been eating later and later recently. Perhaps I will try having dinner earlier and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    That's interesting because I've been eating later and later recently. Perhaps I will try having dinner earlier and see if that helps.
    Yes try it. My dad says the same thing happens to him if he eats dinner later and then has a snack right before bed. I have been eating at like 7:00 the past couple of night and I usually eat dinner at 4:30/5:00. Then I am usually in bed by 9/9:30.

It is almost 11.30pm here in the UK so I should really turn in now lol. Thank you for all your advice x

Thread Information