Thread: Blood Test Results Letter - Health Anxiety Overload

Blood Test Results Letter - Health Anxiety Overload

Hello All,

I have been doing so well lately even though I have been feeling really run down. I went to the Dr nearly two weeks ago as I had a double bout of impetigo and a general feeling of being unwell. The Dr booked me in for blood tests which I had taken last Friday, I just put it to the back of my mind. Well I have come home from work today to a letter from my practice dated Monday saying I need to make a "routine" telephone appointment to discuss. I'm trying to be rational but my HA demon is rearing its horns and I'm currently going into meltdown. I'm due to go on holiday tomorrow xx

Re: Blood Test Results Letter - Health Anxiety Overload

Routine:

adjective
    1. performed as part of a regular procedure rather than for a special reason.

What is remotely alarming about this? You don't even have to go into the office!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, for one, you should make the call. Nobody here can tell you what the results are.

Secondly, a routine call pretty much means they're just going to tell you that everything was fine, or there was something minor like low iron or whatever and tell you to take vitamins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Routine:

adjective
    1. performed as part of a regular procedure rather than for a special reason.

What is remotely alarming about this? You don't even have to go into the office!

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa totally agree I hate HA

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelonganxiety! View Post
    Well, for one, you should make the call. Nobody here can tell you what the results are.

Secondly, a routine call pretty much means they're just going to tell you that everything was fine, or there was something minor like low iron or whatever and tell you to take vitamins.

Thank you for your response. Little things set me right back

Please try to call in before you go on holiday. That way you can enjoy relaxing without this worrying you for no reason.

Have fun!

I'm definitely getting in touch before I go away as I know I won't be able to settle otherwise. Really appreciate your response xx

Just an update. Had a telephone consultation with the Dr and my iron levels are low, I'm now on 3 months course of iron tablets. As I'm a vegetarian they have stated this can happen. Trying not to let my mind go into over drive thinking it could be more sinister than me being a vegetarian. I'm winning at the minute x

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessWorrier2011 View Post
    Just an update. Had a telephone consultation with the Dr and my iron levels are low, I'm now on 3 months course of iron tablets. As I'm a vegetarian they have stated this can happen. Trying not to let my mind go into over drive thinking it could be more sinister than me being a vegetarian. I'm winning at the minute x
    And you WILL win this very logical battle.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Same thing happened with my mum. She became a vegetarian decades ago and had to take iron pills. She still does. It's quite common I believe.

Thank you for your very logical comments x

Thread Information