Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Anxiety

Holiday Anxiety

HI everyone, I'm new to this. Last year I developed severe generalised anxiety when my husband went to work away from home. I went to a therapist and got put on Propranolol, diazepam and Sertraline. I was terrified of going on holiday incase i felt like that all holiday. Anyway long story short, I got over it after about 4 months and have been fine for a year and only stayed on the Sertraline (SSRI)

Then just last week my anxiety all came back. Ive had a lot going on at work but I think its mainly cos I am once again going on Holiday in 3 weeks and I have got into a right panic about it. My worst symptoms are a gagging/chocking feeling which stops me eating and general feeling of fear. I am scared that I wont be able to eat on holiday or relax and enjoy it. I am back on propranolol and a higher dose of Sertraline. Is this normal for anxiety to come back after a year and will I be ok on holiday?

Re: Holiday Anxiety

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm going Saturday and don't think I can cope ��

oh dear, its not nice. Is it just about holiday time urs comes on?

No but gets worse during holiday tunes

Hi , the anticipation of somthing coming up is usually much worse than the actual event , have you had bad experiences on holiday ? If not try and remember good holidays you've had before concentrate on the positive times you've had , more than Likley you will worry for nothing the first day will take a bit of settling in then you will have a nice time by the end you probably won't want to come home , I know us anxiety sufferus just think worst case scenario all the time and it not usually that way , hope you go you have a great time and think what the hell was I worrying about , ps I'm on Holliday it's not all been bad and today has been pretty good , take care .

Ive always been a nervous traveller anyway but last year when I had my wee breakdown, travelling became a major anxiety for me and I think cos i got it last year I'm associating it with this year.

Its the gagging feeling that is worst, i cant physically eat as it feels like my throat is closing up.

I hope your right and that i will be ok once I'm there.

how did u get on?

how did u get on?

Yes unfortunately anxiety can come back in our life when he wants .I would sugest you to search also for a good therapist who can help you with your mind to be more pozitive and to gain more self confidence this its very important on the fight with anxiety

Yeah I saw a therapist last summer who helped me a lot. I know all the things I should be saying and thinking its just so hard when u are back in the anxiety loop. Its 6 days till I go now and the chocking feeling is getting worse. I just hope it goes once I'm there. Trying to stay strong

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hi , the anticipation of somthing coming up is usually much worse than the actual event , have you had bad experiences on holiday ? If not try and remember good holidays you've had before concentrate on the positive times you've had , more than Likley you will worry for nothing the first day will take a bit of settling in then you will have a nice time by the end you probably won't want to come home , I know us anxiety sufferus just think worst case scenario all the time and it not usually that way , hope you go you have a great time and think what the hell was I worrying about , ps I'm on Holliday it's not all been bad and today has been pretty good , take care .
    Thanks, I hope your right, its getting worse the close it gets. I go o Sunday now. I hope it goes away once I'm there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information