Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhausting ALS Fear

Re: Exhausting ALS Fear

i'm fortunate enough to have started twitching before google was a thing. my muscles started twitching when i was a teenager, mostly little muscles all over my body, often in my forearms, sometimes eyebrows, thigh muscles, fingers etc. just like those muscles would contract and release very rapidly for a period of maybe a half hour at a time? happened all the time, and because i was experiencing bad anxiety but NOT health anxiety yet i just put them down to muscle tension, which is of course what they probably were. still happens a fair bit but i barely notice. or i say to my wife HEY LOOK WHAT MY ARM IS DOING!!

I'm no doctor but I can tell you you don't have ALS Look up benign fasciculation syndrome, this is what im hoping I have and quite possibly what you could have as well. It could aslo very well be nothing, but BFS mmics symptoms of ALS/MS and other diseases. Im sure you have nothing to worry about

J -p s experience is particularly reassuring that you don't have als. I,ve had anxiety for years but only just recently( past 2 months) started getting very distressing calve twitching and pain. Dr suggests maybe restless legs syndrome, but of course I,m not convinced. Googling has caused extra stress! The most helpful thing to calm our fears would probably be reduction of symptoms. I,ve read magnesium supplements may help stop twitching so I,ve started that a few days ago. Anyone else had success with this? Let you know if it works. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information