Thread: Is it possible to be too tense to have a bm?

Is it possible to be too tense to have a bm?

Hey,

Ive had this debilitating fear now for 5 weeks of bowel cancer anyway the main thing that's getting me depressed now and really down is when I go for a bm it feels like I have to strain a bit to get it out :( regardless of consistency. It's firmish atm ive just been there was about 4 little rabbit pellets and a bigger torpedo shaped one. Basically just lately im really anxious when I go incase it doesn't come out.

Anyway when im on the toilet it's been like this for about 2 weeks aswell apart from last Sunday on holiday I went as normal in the morning after my coffee. But now it's gone tits up again anyway when I'm on the toilet it feels really tense and I have to push a fair bit to get it out :( im scared it's a mass or something up there or something is seriously wrong. It's really getting me down now, it's allot easier said then done to just forget about it.

I also have incomplete evacuation but there is still some in there im sure.
    What is meant by a change in bowel habit?
    Last edited by Lockey1995; 30-05-16 at 15:44.

Re: Is it possible to be too tense to have a bm?

Anyone ?

Stress can cause a change in bowel movement. I know that when I am nervous I cant stay off the loo! If you dont have any other symptoms such as abdominal pain, blood in poo etc then try and chill out - take some movicol or fibregel to loosen you up a little bit. If you are really worried, then drop a stool sample off at the doctors for testing - they can test your calprotectin levels to make sure everything is ok

Stress is a huge factor when it comes to bowel movements. Are you getting enough liquids? I honestly use a Bowel Movement tracker App so I can show my doctor what my past month has been like. That has been super helpful for me since I get the same way. I'm constipated for weeks and then all of a sudden I have diarrhea. It's always something. The tracker lets me write notes too so if it's during a super stressful time I make sure to document it so I can look at it later.

Thread Information