Thread: Morning anxiety

Morning anxiety

Hi everyone
    Im suffering from the most horrible morning anxiety at the moment, I've been waking up everyday with a terrible feeling of dread and negativity. This has been going on for almost 2 months and I can't snap out of it. I'm taking various meds,venlafaxine,Pregabalin,Seroquel even clonazepam prn ( a lot I know)
    I'm excersising regularly and eating healthily, I don't know what more I can do.
    Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Tims

Re: Morning anxiety

I have this same problem in the morning. Lately it has been horrible. A doctor told me that this is quite possibly because of the fact that in the mornings blood sugar is low-due to fasting overnight while asleep. If you are able to eat a small amount of protein upon waking. Something like a hard boiled egg or maybe protein shake, nuts, etc -that may help.
    My problem is that I'm so anxious my stomach acts up in the morning along with nausea and last thing I feel like doing is eating! Lol. But if you can get something down it may help.
    I hope it does well for you. it's not fun at all to try and start your day this way- I know!

Hey Tims...just wondering how are you sleeping?

N.

Hi n
    I've never been a great sleeper, the Seroquel at around 50 mg helps, but I don't want to
    Get dependent on it. At the moment I'm taking it every night, trying to get as much sleep as I can, med induced or not.
    Tims

Yeah That's what I figured. I've never been a good sleeper either. I would always get aggravated when I wouldn't sleep. Now I don't let it get to me. I won't allow it to get to me. When I can't sleep I just accept it. I do what I can to help myself but I just won't let myself get stressed. I think anxiety and lack of sleep feed one another. I hear you about not wanting to get dependent on the Seroquel. I don't blame you. Do you think your morning anxiety is being caused by a poor nights sleep? Are you on any anxiety meds? They can also cause sleep issues. And diet also can play a part. I went on a low carb diet last year and had no problem sleeping at all. I know I haven't given you any answers but I hope maybe something to think about.

N.

Hi
    There is a definite link between sleep and anxiety, a good nights sleep makes a huge difference. Im currently on a low carb diet but that doesn't make any difference to me.Unlike you I still get anxious about sleep and getting to sleep, especially if I have an early start or something important the next day. I did read an interesting post on another forum where someone experienced increased morning anxiety due to the Seroquel, a kind of rebound anxiety almost. Seroquel pretty much knocks you out by preventing pretty much any thought of thinking.
    Tims

Thread Information