Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

I Wanna Be Slim (again)

hi,

Im not a happy bunny , my weight has shot up and Im looking fat.
    The summer is coming and Ive got to loose weight, I dont want to go to slimming clubs because of my anxiety and lack of money.
    So today Im going it alone but if anyone wants to join me that would be very nice .

Also, Im thinking of trying a low carb diet for a change, does any one have any tips on this method ?

Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

I'm with you mate

Last summer I was the heaviest I have ever been, even heavier than when I was pregnant!!

My normal summer clothes felt horrible and tight and I felt lumpy and hot and bothered.

I managed to lose half a stone from the summer to Xmas without really quite knowing how - possibly from exercising slightly more.

However this last few weeks I have made a really determind effort to lose and have managed to lose about 5 more pounds. I have approx another half a stone to go and then I think I will just look at maintaining then.

How I have done it recently is to cut out all chocolate and pringles/crisps only allowing myself smaller quantities of these just at the weekend if I need to.

To get over the chocolate craving I have a small bowl of weetabix mini's with choc bits or kelloggs cereal with chocolate flakes.

I tend to substitute fruit for those snacks I was having.

I don't really feel my general diet is too bad it was the extra junk that was adding the weight.

Joining you will help me keep to my goals

Piglet

ooo thats great Piglet, I had a shock this morning weighing in at 10st 7.5 lb,

but I am only 5 ft 1" so am overweight for my height.
    Dont know if the pill has put more weight on me or not ? But 2 years ago I was 8st 9lb, I am so annoyed at myself for allowing this to happen. For some reason I cant eat much without putting on weight, everyone else can eat 3 times the amount than I can, its very unfair, lol.

I have just had boiled eggs for lunch with a little bit of salad, 100% Low Gi, and carb free. I dont eat crisps much but adore chocolate.

You seem to have alot of self control Piglet, this is where I fall down.

Lol I've just had the same lunch.

I would love to say I have lots of self control but I fear not

I think I went along for ages not being able to resist things but the memory of last summers weight and how it made me feel has given me such motivation recently!!

Also once you start looking better in your clothes it gives you such an incentive to keep going!!

Last year much of what I was buying was size 18 and I was squashing myself into stretchy size 16 jeans - when I can fit into my size 14's then that will do for me.

For me though it isn't so much what the scales say, or indeed what dress size I wear, as this is all relative isn't it (my piglets are all very trim 8's and 10's) as I absolutely would look terrible if I slimmed to a size 10. Of course it's acheivable but not at all desirable.

I am a tall girl and need plenty of meat on my bones but I didn't like quite how much I had. I think we all have a weight at which we feel healthy and active at and as such can't really be compared to the next person either.

Piglet

Oh and Mirry I meant to say the reason I think I am having some success this time is that I make sure I am never hungry.

All I have done is cut out the crap and like I said when a sugar craving comes up I have a very small bowl of sweet cereal - this helps me to feel I am not giving up too much lovely grub.

I also eat plenty of grapes and bananas or carrot sticks if I get a bi peckish before tea.

As long as I am never hungry I can do it!!

Piglet

Hi mirry sorry to hear you feel so low.
    Im 5"3 in hieght and way 10 stone 6.Im over weight to.last year I was 11 stone 7.I was put on a yeast free diet by a nutritionist and it was the hardest thing I ever did,but it shifted some weight.You dont have to go that far.I get terrible cravings and piglet has some good advise,have smaller portions,have cereal if you crave sweet things.Try not to have to much bread,biscuits ect.If I fancy a biscuit I have a digestive or rich tea and I stay away from chocolate a cream ones.I no longer have tea and coffee so Iv cut out the sugar there.I dont have dairy as I get terrible cramps.We need to exercise to,but thats easier said than done.I walk my dogs so at least I get a walk,if I didnt have them Id be a couch potato.It is hard especially when we feel so low.I find if Im down I eat.I try to snack on nuts and dried fruits.
    Your not alone pet.

i believe the gi diet is the way to go these days!I bought the rosmary connely book and it does seem very tasty[the recipes,not the book!!]cutting out carbs can be bad for you in the long term hun..sensible eating is the key,if only it was that easy.I am always on a diet but i have an eating disorder,so food is my life and my detroyer also.I am 16 stone at present but am keeping it level,i too long to be slim..but ,alas,util the reasons for my binging are sorted this will not happen.Any hoo the best of luck with it hun.Hey pitta bread instead of bread for sarnies save a few cals,i love them!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi gals

Me too - I am in my late 40s and going through menopause - on HRT - and the lightest I was before my kids were born was l0 st 7lbs - I have been l4 stone 7lbs for the last few years - I eat all the time - good and bad stuff - feel dizzy and headachey if I dont eat every couple of hours as have hypglycaemia - and feel fat and ugly> Now squeezing into a size l8 Dorothy Perkins trousers for work but the fat spills out ove rthe top and no amount of baggy blouses, jumpers etc can hide it - I feel so yucky - and dread the summer coz I wear tee shirts as I dont like the heat and even blouses show the flab!!!! Ugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wenjoy xxx

I think thats my problem , I have to eat to help settle the shakes i get from sugar dips. My waist line has a new nick name "MUFFIN" , thats how it looks, like a muffin spreading out of a cup cake.

Ellen, I walk the dogs too but think I need a more aerobic plan, its just so hard getting motivated.... I see women jogging along the shore where I live and I think they are amazing, wish I could do it.
    Paddington, I think the low Gi diet/ low carb/atkins diet are basically all the same diet but just twigged slightly for different rules.

I am cooking a curry for tonights dinner, it has no carbs so will be interesting to see if it works, I have put chicken fillets in a dish with cream/curry powder/onions/water. Instead of potato Im making a cauliflower mash.

Im so desperate I even considered buying diet pills but knew that would be silly, the gilllian mckieth pills are £16.99 in superdrug for 30 days !!!!

Think I need my mouth wired ,lol.

Hi Mirry,

i'm another one who could do with loosing weight. I loose half a stone over weeks then put it back on in a weekend!
    Don't know about GI diets. I'm trying to cut down on things like crisps and alcohol, and have smaller portions. It doesnt help that i have a skinny other half who stuffs himself with whatever he fancies.
    Your curry sounds nice, we are having pizza and salad tonight mmmmmm suppose i better go easy on the pizza lol

anx x

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information