Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

Hi , great your getting back into it , well done on taking those first steps.
    I hate photos that shout at you "HELP" , lol. But in a way its good we have them to show us what we really look like.

I am still loosing weight , SLOWLY , and the funny thing is I have increased some fats into my diet lately , I have changed margarine for Butter and used more olive oil. I have completly cut out CHEESE and anything with sugar in it .

Eating a small amount of protien with each meal and cutting back on potatoes and flours.

I have lost 5lb over the past 2 weeks , so it does seem to work , and I am hoping it helps the anxiety too.

Being a vegatarian , makes it more difficult but it can be done.

If you like chips then you can make them by cutting potatoes into chip shapes, then boil for 5 mins , drain then fry with fry light and bake.
    They taste lovely , and you can eat this with beans and quorn sausages and will loose weight cos its waht slimming world call a free meal (eat as much as you like).

Im sure others will post some recipes for you soon
    ing

thanks for the advice... wow! 5 lbs in 2 weeks.. thats great.. did you end up carrying on with the fitness dvd or did that go out of the window like me??? i am planning to get it out of the loft tonight though.. lol

lol , yes stopped doing that , cos I didnt loose weight doing it (and it promised we would ).

No been lazy as can be but I started off at slimming world at 11 stone 3lb and now I am 10 stone 7lb . It works out I have lost 1/2 a lb a week when I work it all out over the time Ive been doing it. Slow but Im enjoying my food which is good.

just think we could loose 1/2 a stone by xmas

EASY .

Brown rice is good as it releases energy slowly. I try and have this with my lunch everyday so that I dont feel tempted to snack too much.

If I do feel peckish in between meals then I have a handful of mixed nuts (without salt or any flavourings) as they are high in protein and good for you in moderation.

Do you like porridge? That is also a slow-release food which keeps you going for a good few hours. I cant eat it anymore as I am gluten intolerant but I used to love it first thing in the morning

Actually, I have a really nice low fat receipe which I got from a BBC low fat cook book. It serves 4 people:-

400g of braising/stewing steak (cut into chunks)
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    150g dried apricots (each cut in half)
    1 onion

Heat the frying pan until very hot and sear the beef cubes for a couple of minutes. As soon as they are brown tip them out onto a plate.

Brown the onion and soften.

Now put the beef and onion into a large saucepan, add the chopped tomatoes and apricots.
    Fill up the empty tomato tin with cold water and pour this into the saucepan as well, and stir. If it doesnt cover the mixture then add a little more water until it does.

Reduce the mixture for about 40 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, and serve with some mash potatoes or crusty bread.

Its so simple but it really does taste amazing
    Last edited by Lilith1980; 21-11-07 at 13:21.

lol mirry - hmmm... i moved house in august and it ended up in the loft but i'd already given up anyway. i couldnt walk for about 3 days after the first time i did it. i did take some (very selfish) comfort in the fact i turned the tv on a while ago and i noticed the lady who did the dvd was on corrie and had put most of the weight back on anyway. very naughtly, it made me feel a bit better about giving up so soon.

Lilith1980- thanks for the advice. i always eat branflakes or musili for brekkie anyway so thats always good. i love brown rice and often have it with quorn enchiladas and salad for dinner but its a good idea to have it for lunch, maybe with boiled veg or something??? as for the receipe, as yummy as it sounds im a veggi so thats a no go.

well i'll keep you all updated... at the moment im detemined to resist the chocolatey biscuity things i made the other day that are in the fridge!!!

went to my slimming class last night and when I got on the scales it said I had stayed the same , so then I said tho the lady "oh no i forgot to take my glasses off ) lol , so she said , take them off then get back on the scales which i did and suddenly I lost 1/2 a pund , rofl .
    I didnt mind cos I usually weigh without my glasses on but it was so funny.

hope your all doing well

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread Information