Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

Lightbulb Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

I am also overweight, I put so much weight on during my 2 pregnancies and never lost it. (60pounds)
    I tried so many diets Weight Watchers etc, but nothing helped. I always lost a few pounds and put them back on again.
    Now I found myself a new GP and she is also a nutrition consultant (don't know if this is the right word for it). She is very nice and also a mum of 3 and she is supportive. What she told me (I hope you will understand this) ist a diet is absolutely useless, unless you are planning to stay on it forever. Because once you start getting back to your old routine, you will put weight on again.

She told me to change when I am eating and the size of the portions. It is important to only have 3 meals a day instead of the 5. She said that the body would produce insulin once you eat something and that will stop the fat burning.....
    So what I have been doing during the last 2 weeks is eating 3xday. And between the meals I have to drink 2-3 litres of water or tee. In the mornings I am allowed to eat the most, for lunch less than in the mornings and just a bit in the evenings. If you want to have chocolate, fruit, crisps etc. just eat them after breakfast or lunch. I try to eat less fat and low sugar stuff but I can still have all the things I want. Needless to say I am not eating chocolate every day.

I lost a few pounds already and still didn't miss out on anything!

Maybe this could work for some of you!

Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

oh i agree... its a life style change... before i was agoraphobic i was doing about 16,000 steps a day, now i do about 5,000.... not good... so i'm trying to do at least 10,000 a day now...

when i was so active i could easily eat desserts and not put any weight on but because of the lack of exercise i do now i've decided to cut them out of my diet... i've never really believed in diets...

to be honest, rather than lose weight i'd just be happy to tone up because even though im not huge i'm just all flab which isnt too attractive. i wanna get fit too.. i started smoking again last october-ish and i find i get out of breath just walking up the stairs now, which is disgusting really, anyway im in the process of giving up so hopefully i'll start to fel fitter soon....

as for drinking water, i dont drink enough but i do know how amazing it is to drink 8 glasses a day... i made an effort to a couple of years ago and my skin was glowing from drinking so much water...

Hi Hila, thanks for the tips,sounds like your doing well on it let us know how u continue.

As for me I weighed myself again an still no weight loss !!! I just cant understand it, Ive followed the slimming world diet perfectly, Infact Ive had less than I can eat and yet I still havent lost anything.

Thinking of seeing GP if it continues.
    Hope your all doing well.

I would lose more weight by doing some sport. But with me an my heart anxiety I don't like to move at all..................
    But I found a place where they do cardio fitness. (for the heart) I will try that first and I would like to start swimming again.

Hila - I used to be scared about exercising because of my heart etc, so I invested in a little trampolene (rebounder). I got the best quality one I could buy a couple of years ago and it is still used regularly now!!

When I first got it I just jogged gently for about 2 mins and now I've built that upto 20 mins. I put my most funky music on and jog for about 4 or 5 songs. I do try and do this as often as poss and I've found it's the least anxious cardio exercise I've tried so far.

Piglet

Hi hila,very sensible advice!!I have yo-yoed up and down for years with my weight and now it wont shift yesterday i was 3pounds lighter than today!!!And i did not cheat either I stick to healthy food and watch my portion control too,i too have a lot of weight to lose,5 stone[6 to be perfect!!]i do lean towards weight watchers as it is low in saturated fat,which is bad for us.I hope you do well on your new eating plan.Well done piglet ,i bet you look lovely in your outfit hun I have a litle trampoline thing too...gathering dust in the cupboard maybe i will get it out Karen, thanks for the smoothie idea but i cant bear the texture of them ,i'd rather havre a tomatoe Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey did anyone see GMTV ? they say there has been found a fat gene, if you have been passed this gene from one parent it increases your chances of having weight problems and if you have been passed this gene from both parents then you have a 70% MORE chance of having weight problems.

I found it interesting, both my nans had weight problems, infact one of my nans was obese all her life. Both my parents are overweight , my mum is about 3 stone overweight and my dad about 1.5 stone.
    At one point my mum got really obese .

Now, my husband is skinny, he eats so much and nothing makes him gain, also his mother is the same ...shes 7.5 stone so I belive it does run in familys.

I was reading about the herbal pill called Adios, you know the one that has that annoying advert .

On its website it says that it stimulates the thyroid gland therefore speeding up weight loss. So I went to my local chemist to buy some today it cost £9.95 so it was adios to my money !!!!

Then I popped into superdrug and it was £8.95 in there (annoyed).

Will take one with each meal to see if it helps.

I can only warn you taking this stuff. I just had my thyroid removed because I was hyper als the time. I also lost 40 pounds during that time. But the other symptoms were a nightmare. Anxiety, panic, hairloss, sweating, very fast heartbeat, moodswings etc.

Never play with your thyroid levels!!!!!
    And to tell you something else, some people don't lose any weight with an overstimulated thyroid. But your body will not thank you for this.

Sorry!

Hila, it cant be that bad if you can buy it over the counter ?
    My doctor suspected I have an underactive thyroid but the tests came back negative, Adios is just simple herbs that you can buy here in the uk, its nothing serious, its harmless.

Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information