Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

It seems that there is a recurring pattern here that all of us need to eat to ensure we don't get low blood sugar - my guess is this is completely common in anxiety sufferers since we use our energy reserves up so much quicker.

I think this is why I have had problems with my weight because I am eating constantly to avoid low blood sugar levels which feel just like the beginning of a panic attack.

The trick is to find foods that keep your levels steady and I suppose if our regular meals are really well balanced then this will go an awful long way to helping.

Obviously for me the prob was undoubtably adding chocolate and pringles in the whole day.

Aswell as substituting the little odd bowl of cereal I think munching on fruit and nuts in between my meals is helping. I have cut back on bread but I do make sure I have plenty of protein in there too.

Also where we used to eat a whole pizza each with chips etc, now we will have half a pizza each and the other half of the plate is loaded with salad.

There are so many ways that you can knock a few calories off without going to bonkers with it all - if we don't eat some stuff that we like then we arn't going to stick with it at all, cos it gets boring and too hard.

Love Piglet

hello all.. so funny i just saw this post, after giving up smoking and becoming agoraphobic in the last 3 years i've put on 2 1/2 stone.. its quite nice because at 6.7ft i was only 8 1/2 stone before but it's all so flabby now and not toned at all.. so.. yesterday i decided to look on youtube to find a fitness video, i found one that was 8 mins long, 'good little warm up to get me started' i thought... so there i was - 1 min in to my "warm up".. going ok... step to the left... step to the right... step (puff) to the right (puff).. oh no that was meant to be to the left (puff).. god this is hard.. step.. to.. the.. left.. i lasted 6 mins... it was so so so funny.. im also trying to cut out snacking between meals but finding it quite hard so brought some fruit bars from the health food shop and because they are made entirely from fruit they are really sweet which is quite good cos im a sucker for sweet things.. let me know how you all get on.. i'll try my 8 min "warm up" (ha ha ha) again in a bit... not quite now though.. lol

ops.. im not 6.7ft at all... ha ha ha i'm 5.7ft lol

I know I shouldn't be posting on this thread but as soon as I read anything about weight or dieting I can't help myself. I have anorexia and so people tell me I need to gain weight but I don't see it that way at all

Quote Originally Posted by mirry View Post
    Im so desperate I even considered buying diet pills but knew that would be silly, the gilllian mckieth pills are £16.99 in superdrug for 30 days !!!!
    Mirry - I just wanted to say please don't go down that route. I've done it with serious diet pills (the prescription only type) and it is a route to disaster.

There is a lot of sensible advice on this thread.

Karen xx

Yes cutting back here and there does help, also portion sizes are important...
    they say it should be the size of your fist (not with boxing gloves on ,lol).

Thats true Piglet, when I have a panic attack I ALWAYS turn to chocolate to help settle me down (MAD).

I got some canderel for my coffee today to sweeten it up and it tastes nice.
    Its those sweet treats that are difficult for me to avoid, I will check out the low gi desserts for those weak moments.
    also,
    I caught a glimps of my reflexion in a shop window today and felt really horrified, it certainly lowers my self esteem.
    Going to sit and write tomorrows menu, any ideas people ?

HONEYBEE, when I read you are 6ft 7 and only in the 8st bracket I thought OMG, lol. wish I was taller so I could reach up higher lol.

Karen, Im sorry you have anorexia, my best friend had that when I was in my 20s, shes ok now but still very slim. How long have you had it ?

Hi guys, i could certainly do with losing some weight, so count me in. I preasently weigh 12 stone 1 lb. and i,m 5ft 5 ins, my choclate is my down fall. working nights does,nt help either, yesterday i got my daughter,s bike out of the shed, pumped up the tyres ,and well that,s as far as i got.lol But i am ditermined to cycle to work, it,s 3 miles each way, and now the nights are drawing out abit, and the weather looks ok, i will make a start. see my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by mirry View Post
    Karen, Im sorry you have anorexia, my best friend had that when I was in my 20s, shes ok now but still very slim. How long have you had it ?
    Did your friend recover fully? I've had it for about 3 years now.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just find myself drawn to anything to do with losing weight

Karen xx

Rickards, thats a great Idea ,I may get my bike out tomorrow and attempt to go round the block.
    I went to the chemist and got some sugar free sweets for diabetics ,lol....
    desperate times and all that.

Karen, Yes my friend did fully recover, it was 15 years ago and now she has 3 kids and her and her husband have a chip shop. I remember she used to have to go to our local health center for weekly weigh ins, you too will get better in time.
    take care

forgot to ask would any one like a Sula cream caramel sweet ?
    Its sugar free and lasts 5 mins in the mouth...mmmmmmmm !!!

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information