Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

Re: I Wanna Be Slim (again)

I think the main thing here guys is adopting a sensible healthy eating regime with room built in for little treats - I know we all know this really but like Karen found out and Louise Redknapp it is so very easy to get too carried away.

I honestly think the problems creep in when you change everything too radically - little changes are better and adaptations of what your present diet is seem to work well longer term.

I never ever ever miss breakfast and these are some of the things I eat,

1. Bowl of Kelloggs special K Medley

2. Banana smoothie - 2 small bananas, soya milk (my tummy prefers soya) tablespoon of crushed almonds, teaspoon of clear honey and if I have any strawberries or any other berries in they go too. This makes nearly a pint of smoothie and keeps me going no probs all morning.

3. Scrambled egg on toast and a drink of fresh orange

This is pretty well it and I just rotate it all through the week.

Piglet

Blimey you lot are so ok compared to me.

I have at least 4 stone to lol!!!

I hate clothes and have a huge stomach that irritates me all the time.

I can't find any clothes that fit and are comfy so i wear shorts all night lol.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    I think the main thing here guys is adopting a sensible healthy eating regime with room built in for little treats - I know we all know this really but like Karen found out and Louise Redknapp it is so very easy to get too carried away.
    Very true. I cannot exactly pinpoint when my anorexia started except that I started a diet to lose a few pounds but then found it addictive and a way of dealing with difficult emotional problems I have been experiencing for years.

That's not to say that everyone who diets will develop an eating disorder. Before anorexia I used to self harm but found starving myself and everything I've done since a more effective way of coping. However, now I am worse off than when I started.

I agree with Piglet that keeping the situation in proportion is important. It is who you are inside that matters. I wouldn't want to see anyone else in my position.

Karen xx

I have the paul mckenna one and Im sorry to say it didnt help me, I think the reason it didnt help was it said eat whatever you want when you want but just listen to your stomach when it says "Im feeling comfortable now".

Years ago I got really slim, but here I am again overweight.

Nic, I cant wear shorts cos I hate the look of my legs, my body is pear shape so I get the weight around my stomach/hips/thighs and unfortunately my face. You didnt say how tall you are Nic ?

Piglet, smoothies are brill arnt they ? I will be having more of them now the weathers changing, I love mango and banana smoothie, mmmmmmmm.

Hey Mirry!! I think I'd tried every diet going, being petite, thats under 5ft, I use to look like a barrel! my daughter gave me the nick name, doughnut even though I weigh about 10. 4 now I do gentle yoga and breathing excersise, at least 2 a day, and I have learned to only eat when I am hungry, I use to eat contantly but that was just me feeding my anxiety or comfort eating which wasnt doing me any good. I replaced all my junk food, with fruits and cut out all oils from cooking, I also love dancing so just prancing around in the house to music gives me old bones a good workout.
    I found with the yoga, it tones the body, and I noticed that I looked taller, yipeeeeeeeeeeee, and I have more stamina and energy, due to the breathing excersise too. It normally takes about 2 months for me to really notice the difference in my shape, and I never ever have weighing scales in the house, the best way to measure weight loss I feel is using the tape measure!!!

At 45 it just seems to take longer to lose weight, and its my tummy that bothers me the most, but I do stick to the excersise, I guess its all about sticking to it, and getting motivated is the hardest. I have tried gyms , not for me, the gentler the better, and so its yoga!!!

Have you ever tried visualization Mirry? see yourself how you want to look, or get a pic of yourself and stick it on the fridge and you could use that as your motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the key is setting small goals, tackling one day at a time and rewarding yourself for sticking to it. I use to think, ok I wont notice anything for at least a month, because weight loss is slow and we dont often see the results, but I knew when I got the tape measure a month later, I would definately know I had lost the inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so thats something you could think about!!!

Love sky

Thanks Nigel - I will take a look at those suggestions myself for when the willpower wobbles!!

Karen - thanks for putting your perspective in there hun!

I watched a programme awhile ago about why french women on average weigh alot less than their british counterparts and it all came down to lifestyle in the end.

I'm not saying any of this us mind you, as it was very much a generalisation but they always made mealtimes an event, tended to only eat at mealtimes and snack on fruit in between if needed. They built in exercise to their daily routines by walking where ever poss, rather than use the car etc. They did not seem to be gym fans (me too) and the thought of eating a kebab and chips after a boozy night out produced such an expression of shock that I laughed out loud!!

I think if you can exercise along with some of the other stuff I have already said then that gives you a boost too.

Apart from yoga I also jump on my little trampolene most days and now youngest piglet and I have got back to playing badminton in the garden cos the weather has been so nice.

We both play with all the grace of a toddler and an elephant toddler at that - I wear wellies and she wears her slippers and we have an old sheet as a net. The shuttlecock bounces off things like the shed but we still keep it in play and yesterday tried playing with 2 rackets each - I looked like Edward Scissor hands and a few planes tried to land on the lawn

Half an hour of that each evening has left me knowing I've been using muscles I can tell you!

Piglet

Sky, I love your idea that any weight loss wont show for a month, this struck a cord with me. I think when i diet for a week and see I havent lost weight , i give up. This thread is so motivating so this morning I have been round the shops looking at all the low carb/gi food out there (which their are loads) and ghetting some great ideas for my sweet tooth moments.
    I managed to buy sugar free chocolate , mmmmmmmmm.

Piglet, The french are healthy eaters, I had a disscution with a friend of mine who is obese and we discussed childhood and what messages we got from food, my mother used to say.....eat all your dinner THEN you can have a dessert,. which i belive trained me to eat bigger amounts cos i would do anything to get dessert!

Hi guys...i have a recpe for you..chop your fave veggies..i put onion[or leeks]courgette,tomatoes,aubergine,peppers,chillies into apan with herbs,garlic and a tin of chopped tomatoes.Let it simmer down till the sauce is thick and yummy serve with chicken breast [ i cover mine in lemon pepper,then cook in oven]you can even poach the chicen in the veg mixture while it simmers away.All the veg mixture is free foods on any diet I am naughty as it is 2.45 and i have not eaten yet as once i start i find it hard to stop and 6 stone is such a huge ammount to lose As for visualisation,i have been visualising myself slim since i was 13!!Oh some of my outfits were divine,my fave was a blue suede mini skirt suite,i was 14 then oh and drove a sports car too would be funny if it werent so ruddy sad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mmm.. all these posts are making me hungry..

Thanks for the recipe paddington, I have just come home from the school run and the first thing I did was go to the kitchen to look for food !!!
    Its a very bad habit cos im not actually hungry yet. So instead I came onto this page to re read all our thoughts on slimming and its helped .

Tonight for dinner I have,
    Diced turkey, stir fryed with beansprouts and veg (COMPLETY CARB FREE), i will add some soy sauce and oyster sauce for flavour.
    Then for afters (he he) I will be having a little bit of sugar free angel delight (low carb) with added milk.

Then a sweet coffee in the evening whilst watching eastenders, yay!

Now must think tomorrows menu plan, ..........sigh

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information