Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Re: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

I'm back. Sorry really lost my way over the last couple of months. Things quietened down a little, but disruptions still occur. I had noise recorder back but was unable to capture much of use. Last night neighbour decided to thump music out of their car in the driveway under my bedroom window until 11pm then come in and fill the place with the smell of weed. Really struggling with this again.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    I'm back. Sorry really lost my way over the last couple of months. Things quietened down a little, but disruptions still occur. I had noise recorder back but was unable to capture much of use. Last night neighbour decided to thump music out of their car in the driveway under my bedroom window until 11pm then come in and fill the place with the smell of weed. Really struggling with this again.
    Hi Andrew Do the authorites know about the weed thing going on as I would suspect this person gets ppl knocking at his door at all times of the night. Like I said before keep a written log of every incident how ever small as I feel it will continue and it's not doing you any favours is it?! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Andrew Do the authorites know about the weed thing going on as I would suspect this person gets ppl knocking at his door at all times of the night. Like I said before keep a written log of every incident how ever small as I feel it will continue and it's not doing you any favours is it?! Cheers
    Hi. Yes, it's been made clear to them on more than the one occassion, but I genuinely feel they can't be bothered to act. My doctor wrote to the council which resulted in them calling em and offering to help get me moved someweher else. Becuase of my anxiety issues, I need to be here where the rest of my family are close by (a minute away at most), so that isn't an option. They then said they would speak to Environmental Health and that was the last I heard, back at the start of April

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Hi. Yes, it's been made clear to them on more than the one occassion, but I genuinely feel they can't be bothered to act. My doctor wrote to the council which resulted in them calling em and offering to help get me moved someweher else. Becuase of my anxiety issues, I need to be here where the rest of my family are close by (a minute away at most), so that isn't an option. They then said they would speak to Environmental Health and that was the last I heard, back at the start of April
    I know your anxiety might get in the way right now but chase them up Andrew. You shouldn't have to, I know, however, things don't always get sorted out without some firm action. Don't let it fester and ruin your health even more. If anyone needs to be moved it's your disruptive neighbour, and if the council bears down on them, perhaps threatening eviction or court action, they will be more considerate in their behaviour and antisocial ways.

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK is right you need to contact the council tomorrow and raise a complaint about the way it hasn't been resolved. If it was me I would be on the council's back until something is done about it it can not continue

Try your local MP, we had an issue over a street name, council did nothing but blather on and on, so contacted our local MP.

Problem solved following week.

Mental health is now a big issue with the likes of Royalty getting involved, tell your MP about it they are always after pats on the back.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I should chase this up. Things have been quieter but I have the kind of neighbour that goes quiet for periods and then explodes again - this makes it harder to catch the noise as you don't know when it will happen [but it always does] and I also think the council take the attitude if it isn't everyday, then it can't be much of a problem.

I have actually used my MP before to force the council into action over a different matter, and that has always been on my list of options. I also want to talk to citizens advice about this. I guess I just put too much faith in Environmental Health and the council to actually do what they are supposed to.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I should chase this up. Things have been quieter but I have the kind of neighbour that goes quiet for periods and then explodes again - this makes it harder to catch the noise as you don't know when it will happen [but it always does] and I also think the council take the attitude if it isn't everyday, then it can't be much of a problem.

I have actually used my MP before to force the council into action over a different matter, and that has always been on my list of options. I also want to talk to citizens advice about this. I guess I just put too much faith in Environmental Health and the council to actually do what they are supposed to.
    Hi Andy you do have a list of options right! On the other matter did the council not really help then you got your MP involved I take it that matter was resolved? If it was then you know what to do Seek help from your MP Good luck let us know how it goes Cheers

I agree with the others, Andrew. This isn't acceptable and I thought anti social behaviour was important? They blather on about stopping it enough.

Moving you is punishing you. Moving them is just punishing the next neighbour who has to put up with them. They are the problem to deal with and the council need to grow a pair and sort it out.

Leaning on them via someone more senior, or more public (they will snap to attention if their PR officer gets a call from a journalist...private companies certainly do), so your MP seems a good move.

I know it's not a police issue but the community police teams deal with anti social behaviour and from what I see of mine, they seem to deal with things the police would previously have refused to. I wonder if they can help?

Thanks again for the replies here. Things still relatively quiet here at the moment, just need to deal with the remaining anxiety.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information