Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Re: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Noisy neighbours have definitely enhanced my anxiety to some degree.
    The constant worry of the impending noise making it difficult to relax.
    When you have a noisy neighbour all of a sudden every single noise they make that would not normally have bothered you starts to bother you. Almost like each noise is a prelude to the coming loud noise

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

I don't want to report them to the council, as they aren't being that loud for that long. It's properly loud for a few minutes a couple of times a week, and then all evening maybe five times a year. My reaction to it is just far stronger than is rational.

Paul B.

I know exactly what you are saying. Footsteps, a cough, a door closing, all could be a precursor to the dreaded "thud thud thud (skip track, skip track) thud thud thud thud"

This is where the wall mic. is helping, as i can hear other normal sounds as well and be reasonably sure that they aren't about to whack the stereo on loud for five hours.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Just to be clear, i'm well aware that bugging your neighbour's house is a bit off, but I was going out of my mind

Hi, I just joined. I'm suffering from a noisy neighbour too. I live in a flat above theirs and since February the drum and bass that they are "obsessed" with has added to my existing social anxiety.
    I've been through the council, and Environmental Health caught evidence on a sound recorder in my flat then issuing an abatement notice. Even though I was told their was "enough evidence to go to court if necessary" it continues 10 months on.
    The neighbour has also resorted to taunting me by shouting and turning the volume up down up down etc.
    I've tried contacting the council but just get fobbed off. This morning I was woken at 4.30am by loud voices followed by loud music then the smell of weed fillibng my flat.

I feel so broken by all the extra stress.

I don't have any panic issues but hang here on this web board for other reasons, and I must say loud bass music from the neighbours is dreadful. I've had it multiple times in different flats, with different neighbours, and it is stressful.

At one occasion, with a neighbour shouting randomly at night (weird enough), we considered having a second isolated wall fitted against the bedroom wall toward his flat, where it faced his living room (unfortunately). A double wall. But the problem disappeared after some months so there was need to pursue the wall project. I guess that is why people dream of having their own house, or to live in a flat at the top floor.

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

The smell of weed? You haven't thought of trying to switch to another neighbourhood, have you? With a new-born baby, and all that? What kind of neighbourhood is it, for small toddlers, anyway? In my mind, I now get pictures of run-down derelict areas where people sell crack on the street corners at night.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Hi, I just joined. I'm suffering from a noisy neighbour too. I live in a flat above theirs and since February the drum and bass that they are "obsessed" with has added to my existing social anxiety.
    I've been through the council, and Environmental Health caught evidence on a sound recorder in my flat then issuing an abatement notice. Even though I was told their was "enough evidence to go to court if necessary" it continues 10 months on.
    The neighbour has also resorted to taunting me by shouting and turning the volume up down up down etc.
    I've tried contacting the council but just get fobbed off. This morning I was woken at 4.30am by loud voices followed by loud music then the smell of weed fillibng my flat.

I feel so broken by all the extra stress.
    Hi Andy I replied to your other thread regarding this and see recording equipment was placed in your flat(after reading this thread) and a notice was issued for the noise to stop 10 months on and it's still happening This sucks my friend. Have you been to the CAB (Citizens Advice)
    What's the council's excuse regarding this?? And as it's in a block of flats there surely are other neighbours who have had enough? As for the drugs why not simply call the police you don't need to give a name I feel your pain it must be hell for you Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 25-12-16 at 11:20.

Thanks for replying. Yesterday the bass throbbing went on in my bedroom area from 4.30pm to 11pm [I wanted to go to bed at 9 btw] So fed up at 10.30ish I sent email complaint to enviromental Health. The excuse the council gave recently was that as I hadn't complained recently the case had been closed - the neighbour went on holiday for 7 weeks so of course there was no noise. Anyway, I have a full accurate log of all disturbances so will add that all to the re-opening of the case. As far as I am concerned, the noise abatement is in place and I expect the authorities to make sure it is adhered to.
    Best wishes to everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Thanks for replying. Yesterday the bass throbbing went on in my bedroom area from 4.30pm to 11pm [I wanted to go to bed at 9 btw] So fed up at 10.30ish I sent email complaint to enviromental Health. The excuse the council gave recently was that as I hadn't complained recently the case had been closed - the neighbour went on holiday for 7 weeks so of course there was no noise. Anyway, I have a full accurate log of all disturbances so will add that all to the re-opening of the case. As far as I am concerned, the noise abatement is in place and I expect the authorities to make sure it is adhered to.
    Best wishes to everyone....
    It's The fact is you do have a accurate log and up to date one at that should go in your favour And good positive thinking at the end of your post re the obligation from the council to do something about it! Let us know how it goes! Cheers

So, it was a difficult over Christmas and Environmental Health have again warned the noisy neighbour with a "strongly worded letter." Sadly, it still re-occurs. Not quite as bad, but last night I was woken by music starting at quarter to 12. Fortunately only 20 mins, but even so... Leaves me on edge, and I feel very nervous tonight.

Sunday night awake from 11.57 to gone 6.30am as neighbours decided to play music and make a noise ALL night. Still haven't slept properly as I can't relax even though I'm exhausted.

Same old still happening I see Andy, I am sorry to hear this, it's ok keep sending strong worded letters to the offending ppl, but clearly it's not been taken seriously. Is the recording equipment still in place. Did it go quiet for a bit, hence you haven't been on for a while? Cheers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information