Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Re: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Well, after all that almost nothing happened. Neighbour went out until around 21.15 and came home alone, so the proposed gathering never happened. There was music, and the bass got annoying but nothing I was too worried about and it ended by 23.30.

This is the second time I was told to expect something and it didn't occur. The last time it happened a week later than scheduled, so already my stupid anxiety is saying " maybe this weekend..."

Anyhow, thanks for all your support. Very much appreciated.

If its bothering you when its going to happen again get some recording equipment in you now have all the answers at your disposal use them!! ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    If its bothering you when its going to happen again get some recording equipment in you now have all the answers at your disposal use them!! ATB
    Thanks. It's been as quiet as I could hope recently. Until today.
    Noisy neighbour knocks door at 12.30PM and says " got an unexpected call, will be playing music for half an hour tonight..." Ok, I could refuse, but don't have a problem with half an hour and as it has been bareable lately I agreed.

Immediately I closed the door the music starts, loud. Louder. Louder still. I bang on the floor. No change. Music still thumping and vibrating at a stupid level. I had enough and foned Env Health. Surprisingly I got through to the officer in charge of the case and after a discussion he agreed to attend. However, as he was expected elsewhere wasn't sure would not be there til sometime after 2pm.

I had been trying to do some paperwork but just couldn't concentrate. I was so agitated I left home and went to my sisters [she had to give me a brandy to help calm my nerves.] I came home two hours later [15.20] and it's quiet, but I don't know if the officer has even called yet.

Fortunately I did have a microphone hooked up, and recorded the noise. The bass has been captured quite well, although the other ranges didn't come across. But at least there is something. If she still goes ahead with her "half an hour" later tonight I will report it. After this any agreement I made is obviously now rescinded.

EDIT: Just as I post it looks EnvHealth turn up over 3 hours later. All quiet of course. It was only next door for about 3 minutes tops.
    Last edited by andrew68; 01-05-18 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Thanks. It's been as quiet as I could hope recently. Until today.
    Noisy neighbour knocks door at 12.30PM and says " got an unexpected call, will be playing music for half an hour tonight..." Ok, I could refuse, but don't have a problem with half an hour and as it has been bareable lately I agreed.

Immediately I closed the door the music starts, loud. Louder. Louder still. I bang on the floor. No change. Music still thumping and vibrating at a stupid level. I had enough and foned Env Health. Surprisingly I got through to the officer in charge of the case and after a discussion he agreed to attend. However, as he was expected elsewhere wasn't sure would not be there til sometime after 2pm.

I had been trying to do some paperwork but just couldn't concentrate. I was so agitated I left home and went to my sisters [she had to give me a brandy to help calm my nerves.] I came home two hours later [15.20] and it's quiet, but I don't know if the officer has even called yet.

Fortunately I did have a microphone hooked up, and recorded the noise. The bass has been captured quite well, although the other ranges didn't come across. But at least there is something. If she still goes ahead with her "half an hour" later tonight I will report it. After this any agreement I made is obviously now rescinded.

EDIT: Just as I post it looks EnvHealth turn up over 3 hours later. All quiet of course. It was only next door for about 3 minutes tops.
    Hi It doesn't seem to be getting any better are they on the same floor as you? Enviromental Health should now be taking action it's ridiculous mate your nerves are bad through it get letters from your dr and local mp and other neighbours who may live nearer to the noise you have to do something it does sound like the people involved are 'breaking' their tenancy aggrement did you play back the recording to the EH officer? ATB

Thanks for your continued support. EH officer didn't call in to me [to be fair I told him I had to leave the flat to get away from it] but hasn't called me back as of yet.
    My GP wrote to the council a year ago, they called me and said they would "sort it out with Env Health." When I spoke to the EH in January, they hadn't heard anything from them.

Neighbour lives directly below me - our homes are better described as a maisonette, 4 individual flats in a semi detached building. Obviously the wall between the neighbours to our right hand side offers a fair bit of insulation against the noise, but the rooms upstairs and the flat directly below obviously has no such barrier. EH suggested maybe poor sound insulation is the problem, which is partly true - but the building isn't going to change so the behaviour should!

When the Abatement Notice was issued, the Env Health told me it was a clear breach of tenancy agreement. In more than 2 years, yesterday was the first time anyone actually attended the property after a complaint. 3hrs 15ms toom late.

Hi Andrew It's np Ok do you have a copy of the Abatement Notice if not request a copy.
    If Env Health said it was a 'clear' breach of tenancy agreement then why the hold up? I know these things can drag on a bit but clearly they aren't doing sod all. it should be all sorted by 2 years now tbh. Eviction must now happen get solicitor on the case its the only way now ATB

Well, here I am again. I've been having a really hard time over the past few months. Neighbours music not so much the problem, but it just seems to have turned to into a mix of anti-social behaviour and what I can only describe as bullying.

Neighbour sent a friend of theirs over to me who said: "you should move out of your flat, only I can tolerate her behaviour. If you move out I can live in your flat instead." I asked this woman [who I had never met before] where I was supposed to live. She just said "Oh, I don't know."

More issues followed over the next several weeks [I won't go into all here,] so I called the council. They claimed I had not made any complaints since August 2016. Bulls*** I hand delivered copies of all my previous noise diaries 2016-2019 and a letter explaining the complaints that I had actually made. I asked for a confirmation they had received them by email but never received one. I foned up 3 times asking about but was just fobbed off. Finally got to speak to head of housing but they say they need "independent evidence." How can I get that when they never send anyone around when it happens?

Contacted two local councillors, one didn't reply the other emailed the head of housing but then just replied repeating the same excuses the council had already made to me.
    I began a community trigger process but haven't heard anything else [I don't expect much luck with that as it only looks at last three complaints]

Council told me they can do nothing about "historic complaints" but what rankles with that is they didn't do anything at the time. By letting the neighbour get away scot-free there is of course every chance they will just do it all again and again. I've explained over and over the effect it has had on my health, buit honestly believe they think because I have anxiety, I must be over-reacting.

All they say is to keep on doing what hasn't worked for the last three and a half years.

Don't think I can cope with this much more. Never been so low in all my life.

Andrew

Sometimes you just need a baseball bat and an alibi.

Citizens advice? They can write letters on your behalf.

local MP? They have open mornings with their constituents. Make a change for them from Brexit ponderings.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks for replying. Citizens Advice is and has been on my list. I'm currently waiting to hear about the Community Trigger application. It's just a shockingingly poor and disrespectful attitude from this council, it just makes matters even worse. I hold them equally responidble for the problem now. If they aren't going to be part of the solution they become part of the problem. Their refusal to adequately help is enabling the bad behaviour of my neighbour.
    Last edited by andrew68; 10-04-20 at 19:21.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information