Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Re: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Just updating if anyone is interested.

Community Trigger was a complete waste of time. I wasn't informed of what was happening until after a meeting had already taken place to decide what they were going to do. As such I couldn't put forward the many points I needed addressed that I couldn't fit in their online application form. All they decided was to offer mediation, which I was honestly told by an environmental health officer "wasn't going to work."

So here I am suffering massive anxiety and the people who are supposed to be there to help are not doing anything effective. I even received a warning that "any information published on social media sites could lawfully be used in support of action being pursued against the originator." regarding my posts on Twitter outpouring my frustration.

None of the local counsellors have contacted me anymore either, so I can get no help there. Guess they don't care about losing a single, solitatry vote from someone genuinely in need.

Today I got a letter from the council. Noisy neighbour has made a noise complaint against me for "excessive footfall and banging." Completely untrue of course, just a lame retaliation.

I'm somebody who sometimes plays loud bassy music as I'm a music producer and my room is right next to her child's. When they moved in I explained I produce music and sometimes it may be a little bassy but not for long periods. We agreed on suitable times and I work around that. No loud music after 5pm. Weekends are bit relaxed, but I told them if there's any ever a problem to please come and let me know. I also have bass traps in the room. No problems and we get on well with the neighbors.

I don't know about your situation. Is it possible to agree on suitable times for playing music? The council are useless and I find extending things that far usually causes more animosity between neighbors. Some councils will mediate between 2 neighbors where you both sit in the same room and talk. Is that possible?

Sorry, no. I tried compromise - even after they had a noise abatement order issued against them - they just didn't stick to what we had agreed to. The noise level was so bad I just had to stop what I was doing and leave. This is someone who would come home at 3 or 4 in the morning and thump music out, have a few hours sleep then start all over again.

The fact they are now making false allegations against me should tell you all you need to know about their character.

It's horrible. It will be 4 years of this in February. All I want is to put it all behind me and move on, but I can't because of the reccuring trouble from my neighbour. I can't even nmove becuase there are places available and I can't afford all the removal and other costs involved.

Council useless, MPs useless, Community Trigger useless. I started having very bad, dark thoughts a couple of months ago, and I'm just dreading the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Sorry, no. I tried compromise - even after they had a noise abatement order issued against them - they just didn't stick to what we had agreed to. The noise level was so bad I just had to stop what I was doing and leave. This is someone who would come home at 3 or 4 in the morning and thump music out, have a few hours sleep then start all over again.

The fact they are now making false allegations against me should tell you all you need to know about their character.
    Sorry you're going through this. That sounds like hell. Let them make their allegations because there's obviously no proof to them. Whereas, you have evidence of their problems if they've had a noise abatement order issued against them.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Council useless, MPs useless, Community Trigger useless. I started having very bad, dark thoughts a couple of months ago, and I'm just dreading the new year.
    I know it's no solution but I'd wear headphones or earplugs. I've had issues with neighbors and the issue stopped when I had it out with them. Just got so pissed off one day that I went mad.

You need to speak to a solicitor at this point. They will produce the required documents and post them to your neighbor and to the council. They can do the talking between you and the council. They're good because they know the law and are able to say and word things in such a way that it will force the council and your neighbor to act.

Council won't do anything unless they have to. We've had a faulty boiler for 4 years. Every day we have to put the pressure back up. Some days the thing refuses to work. Will they replace it? Will they fk.

Thanks for the reply. I have used headphones and even had to sleep with earplugs in some nights. The allegations were just a deliberate attempt to spoil my Christmas in my honest opinion, typical of the nasty minded individual causing me these problems. Unfortunately I just don't have money to speak to a solicitor. I will be going to Citizens Advice next in the hope that someone can put my points across to authority better than I have been able to.

I really do offer my deepest sympathies, I have put up with this twice, the second time I fought fire with fire even though it's not in my nature to go out of my way to make a monumental nuisance of myself and the piece of manure eventually understood they weren't going to get away with behaving without a care in the world without receiving inconvenience in return even though I only retalliated occasionally. It was enough for them to exercise caution and cut out the daily hours long assailment upon me. I don't recommend trying to exact vengenace but sometimes there's no simpler way if communication is not there. It's truly wicked to be tortured by a neighbour with no concern for what is next to them.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

I received the complaint letter from the council on the 20th December 2019. The thing is, a week earlier on Friday 13th December the neighbour had friends over until the following Monday, making unneccessary noise and just being rowdy. They went out late that Friday and came home at 4am Saturday 14th waking me and my girlfriend up with their noise. I am on anti-depressents with a sedative so I was able to get back to sleep after 15 minutes or so, but my girlfriend had to stay up because of them. Same thing happened at 2.50am on Sunday 15th woken up loud voices and thumps. Then the neighbour has cheek to complain about me disturbing them in the early hours.

I was woken up again at half past midnight on Saturday 20th December by the thumping on the wall!

Nearly four years of this. I'm a mess.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information