Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solid BM followed by Dihorrea??

Re: Solid BM followed by Dihorrea??

Hi Petesy.

I've had IBS for many years, since I was a child actually and almost always triggered by anxiety. But if I eat something bad or get a stomach bug that can trigger it too. Then I get anxious and it just gets worse and worse and I've had bouts that have gone on for months where I've tried elimination diets until I'm down to eating only rice and bananas and still no relief.

Just a lot of weight loss which in turn (of course) causes more anxiety....

The relief has come when my mind has accepted that it's the anxiety that's causing it and not any illness or food that I may be intolerant to.

I spent time researching and looking back at all my IBS flare-ups until I realised what was happening. I've accepted that yes, I do have a sensitive stomach and that millions of people suffer from IBS. But that it's not a scary illness, just a bit uncomfortable and that if I don't worry about it the symptoms become much less.

My symptoms come in all shapes and sizes, from explosions of strange colours, excruciating cramps, trapped gas, acid reflux.

The medication you have been given is exactly the same as what I take. It does help. I only take it when needed. When I have a flare up I eat rice because it doesn't aggravate the problem and at least I have some food inside me.

As you say, it's a vicious circle. I hope you manage to get it under control soon.

Thank you very much Becky

For your kind reply...the way you just explained your own symptoms is the mirror image of mine..I'm sorry you're going through the same thing it's horrible but least we know we ain't alone on this..which is comfort not in our suffering or putting up with but our unity I'm gonna just get on with it because what else is there..

Love the reply

Thanks again

Petesy.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Hi Petesy, it's a pleasure. I only hope I've helped you a little.
    What I must say is that since I stopped being anxious about it, the flare-ups are less and don't last as long. Because they don't scare me anymore.
    Take the medication, it'll help you.

Yeah you have helped me Becky and i thank you for it, i understand why the bouts have been causing havoc anxiety and IBS certainly do not go well with each other that's for sure.

Much appreciated

Petesy x

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information