Thread: Worried about sinuses/neck.

Worried about sinuses/neck.

I posted up a couple of days ago with regards to my swollen throat. A bit of extra history that I didn't mention previously.
    I suffer from acid reflux that is on and off, I have a severely deviated septum that leads to pressure in my ears. Along with having the constant swollen tonsils and post-nasal drip, I have a feeling as if my right shoulder, up my neck and my ear feels heavier. I have a tingling feeling in my ear too. I do have lymph nodes on the right of my neck that are feelable, and both have been up for 1 year +. I'm just concerned they might not be related to my deviated septum and sinus problems that are bound to come with it, I'm really really worried .

Re: Worried about sinuses/neck.

I've just posted on my issues with my throat too. I was seen twice by the ent surgeon and he said I had allergies and sinus problems, deviated septum and post nasal drip and then latterly acid reflux. I too have a little swollen gland in my neck which turns out to be nothing. It's quite possible that a lot of your symptoms are purely anxiety related. I get pins and needles, pain, sharp stabbing pain and if I focus on them they get worse. I have found that for me a return to the doctors and a chat is helpful.

It's good (and also not) to meet someone with similar symptoms as it can be very worrying. I do have all of those issues so it could very well be. I focus on something and start worrying about it. I've given up smoking recently and moved onto vaping to help give up. It's the area on the right side of my throat that looks like a white blister type thing that worries me. Thanks for your reply Elizabeth.

Funnily enough I've got a swelling on the left side of my throat where my tonsils were removed and white spots on it. Going crazy!! The dentist did a full examination 3 weeks ago - so it can only be an infection. I don't know about you but I just go from one set of scary symptoms to another. However the throat etc are the worst.

Thanks for writing back.😊

---------- Post added at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

Meant to say too - thank you for replying. You're not alone although it very much feels like it when anxiety strikes.

Elizabeth

Not a problem at all, anxiety sucks and having people who also sadly suffer can be reassuring. It's always happened for me, it goes from lymphoma, to lung cancer, to a spinal tumour... It sounds as if you're okay, just sounds like you have a lot of upper RI problems, that don't mix well with GI issues. I'm sure we are both fine, I try to have faith. I'm sure it's just my post-nasal drip that's irritating the upper throat. The purple veins scare me though!
    Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk.

Thanks and I will. Have a good night's sleep.

Thread Information