Thread: A small success i want to share

A small success i want to share

I wanted to share this with you as i kinda shows us all how strong we can be.

Basically I have severe HA right now and i tend to never go out anyway due to PD and GAD. Right now im stressing over my body as i'm having ibs type stuff going on but im convinced it's something else.

Not going to go too into that as it's triggering for me but anyway, onto the positive part...

I told myself yesterday after being bed ridden for 3 days that i needed to get out and go for a run somewhere get the blood flowing etc.. this is something i never do for all the reasons above and when im in this "state" i don't ever leave my bed room.

Any way... a full day of panic and anxiety attacks and i just said sod it, what do i have to loose. i got my stuff on and i went.

It's nothing major but a small victory... I have to admit the fresh air and moving about helped a lot i felt in much better spirits but towards the end I felt the anxiety creeping in so i went back... I wasn't going to push my luck i feel you have to go 50/50 with this stuff.

I will leave you with some of the views i had. I've lived here for 12+ years and i've never gone walking... I was pretty amazed at how stunning it is here and not too far a walk from my house either.

Last edited by asus15; 10-06-16 at 10:28.

Re: A small success i want to share

Great views. I think that's something positive you can get behind to motivate yourself to get out there more. Especially in the nice weather. Hopefully you don't have the downer of hayfever to contend with.

Well done. It's hard pushing like that when we feel trapped & overwhelmed and takes a lot of courage.

I think you're absolutely right, sometimes we can run with the frustration by turning it into something positive. Once out there, we feel stronger.

At the walk-in groups they had 12 steps. One of them was "get the power". Empower yourself, take your life back bit by bit. That's what you just did.

Good for you! Great views and a really good incentive for you to get out and about and away from your panic/anxieties

Any step forward is better than none at all. The benefits are obvious. The scenery is beautiful!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sounds like a BIG achievement and you can be very proud of yourself. Getting out in nature really is the best tonic!

Well done, I totally get the 'what have I got to lose'.
    Keep it up and remember this post on the rough days.
    Xxx

Thread Information