Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Give the hedgehog better legal protection in order to reverse its decline

Re: Petition: Give the hedgehog better legal protection in order to reverse its decli

Great campaign

Re: Petition: Give the hedgehog better legal protection in order to reverse its decli

Thanks for the support, pulisa.

We need to work fast on this one Terry.
    There's only a couple of months to gather signatures.

I hope you get a good response.

Thanks, Carnation.

The mail came from a different name so it had been sitting in the pile for a while. I tend to build up a lot of spam as very few emails are ever needed these days. I'm not great at keeping on top of mail, it's one of life's annoyances with anxiety!

bump

bump

Sorry for the deletions......was trying to post a hedgy pic and can't work out how!!

Signed and shared to FB. These lovely little creatures well deserve protection.

I want to wish you luck with this Terry.
    They sure are cute! We don't have hedgehogs here, I can't believe how cute they are!
    Are they fairly calm and gentle?
    Are they soft? Their coat looks a bit like a porcupine .

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    I want to wish you luck with this Terry.
    They sure are cute! We don't have hedgehogs here, I can't believe how cute they are!
    Are they fairly calm and gentle?
    Are they soft? Their coat looks a bit like a porcupine .
    Thanks Mugs.

Yes, they are timid usually. They curl up into a ball so their spines put off any threats. They aren't sharp to us though so we can handle them. A guess they are somewhere between a sharp and a soft furry cactus.

I sometimes see them on my nightly walks and some are a bit braver than others. They will freeze or run away but not all curl up. One I saw just ignored me and kept snuffling through the grass for food.

They will eat dog food which they say is a good meal to put out for them with some fresh water. I've only seen a family once and that was when I was child and they were digging up the quarry near my house. The grassed areas were being steadily removed and a few of us came across a family in a burrow that had become exposed.

You can get domesticated pygmy hedgehogs as pets too. Some of these might be African ones.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    Sorry for the deletions......was trying to post a hedgy pic and can't work out how!!

Signed and shared to FB. These lovely little creatures well deserve protection.
    No worries, Debs, I didn't think you were complaining & deleting.

You've gone blonde! You look very nice.

Thanks for the support.

If you want to add a pic, if it's one off the internet you just need to click on the Insert Image icon (yellow with a sun & mountains in it) and delete out whatever comes up in the box and then paste in the web address of your image.

If you are uploading one, you need to go into Advanced Post and click on Manage Attachments. Then click Browse in the section where it says to upload from a computer. That lets you search your folders. Select your image and click the Upload button next to it and you will see a file name show up underneath. Close the window. Now you go into Attachments which is in your user panel with all your editing options (at the bottom left). This shows you any files you have uploaded. Click on the one for your picture and it will open up a new tab or window with the picture in. Copy the web address and now go back into your post and use that Insert Image function and paste in the web address after deleting out whatever pops straight up in the box.

It's a bit round the houses but it works. It will show as In Progress in your attachments for ages if it's like mine. I've found sometimes it won't open at first or attach so it must still be uploading. But even though it says in progress you can usually add it to a post. If you delete the attachment though, it will change the picture to a tiny square with nothing in it in any threads where you posted it.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 02-07-16 at 05:19.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information