Thread: Slowly getting over the fear but now it's opposite bad constipation

Slowly getting over the fear but now it's opposite bad constipation

Hey,

For the last 6 or so weeks ive had an absolutely debilitating fear of having bowel cancer my bms were all over the place felt really weird like comstipated with softer poo, feeling like bigger was going to come out but it never did.

Anyway it's sort of swung round the opposite now they're hard like pellets I havent had a full bm for 3 days now :( I went twice yesterday and 3 times today but I don't have a massive urge to go I just sort of tried to go im just doing tiny little pellets at a time like 3 or 4 a time it's a darker colour aswell which is concerning me :(

Ive drunk plenty of water etc but it doesn't seem like it's helping at all, so now my fear is what if it's growing and giving me an obstruction :( that's all that's going through me atm. Does so many days without going with a bm mean not doing anything at all of just doing little bits.

I don't have a massive urge to go which is scaring me because I used to go once a day after my coffee in the morning and it changed again :(.

Re: Slowly getting over the fear but now it's opposite bad constipation

Try a laxative of some sort like miralax or laxative tea. That should get this moving. Also avoid dairy and heavy meats until your regular again

You should submit a sample to your doctor and explain your concerns. Usually by analysing your sample they can determine whether there is blood in your stool and can make an educated guess as to whether there is an inflammation in your bowel. If neither is present it is likely to be something benign.

In my experience the pellets are usually darker than regular movements so I wouldn't worry overly about that.

Your doctor can also do a quick digit test to see if there is a blockage. It may be something as benign as piles or just a bad spell of constipation - IBS sufferers can alternate from spells of diarrhoea to constipated periods so it could be as simple as that.

I seem to experience this a lot too. I go from super constipated where I don't have a bowel movement for days at a time.. then once I do have a BM I seem to have diarrhea for a few days. It's super frustrating. I'm happy to hear though that I'm not the only one.

Thread Information