Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram and "male issues"

Citalopram and "male issues"

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this, i've been on citalopram for roughly 4/5 months now, and i've noticed or at least recently that my erections have been somewhat "softer" and less frequent. Is this a common thing with frequent use of citalopram? I'm paranoid something deeper is wrong. I'm 25 and don't particularly fancy losing the use of my johnson just yet xD

Re: Citalopram and "male issues"

I found that this was an issue

Softer and Shorter, so to speak, I eventually altered my underlying antidepressant medication and things have improved

There are many many side effects , sadly, with ADs

What did you change to? And I'm glad to know its not just me who's had this issue. It's surprising that after this long of being on them they still can effect you like this! Thank you for replying!

Im suffering that to, the solution is pills holyday when you going to have sex or take erectile disfunction medication, obviously talk about this with your doctor.

The problem I had with Citalopram is that I could not ejaculate, when the passion rose to do so, I couldnt.

Try sildenfil 25mg ask doc

Try Horny Goat Weed and/or Maca as they have properties that help the male squirting system

But yes, once I came off the Zopiclone the Citalopram side effect took hold and some times I would not know the volcano had erupted until the lava was warming my hand up, if you follow!

I found I didn't have a problem getting it up, but actually er finishing the job was near impossible. I managed to come off Citalopram and everything is back to normal now. The horny goat weed suggestion sounds good.

Dude this happened to me too, I have a high sex drive too so this was pretty damn annoying, I switched to Sertraline and *touch wood* (pun intended) all is well since

Aleman200

This is a common side effect of SSRI drugs. Some moreso than others, but Citalopram and Sertraline are probably the ones most frequently in the spotlight for "sexual problems".

Some patients will find their symptoms lessen as they become accustomed to the drug. For others, this problem persists. In some instances, a dose reduction may benefit. This should only be done on the advice of your doctor

If this is not possible, you may take an anti-ED drug like Tadalafil or Sildenafil. Again, speak to your doctor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information