Thread: Thyroid/ Glands/ Goitre issues

Thyroid/ Glands/ Goitre issues

Hi all

I was at dr for something else last week and mentioned that id been having a crampy tight feeling across my neck/throat (presuming he was going to say itits anxiety related). He checked throat (clear, even though a bit scratchy and sore) felt neck and said theres a bit of swelling, could be goitre or just weight related and to keep an eye on it. Explained 2 other drs had felt it and said they had no concerns (one in dec and one in april/may time). He came after me after id left surgery and said did you say dr **** had seen it i said yes and had no concerns and he said maybe put you for a scan to see. I think goitre or weight issues could be causing it. Que panic from me!! Anyway that was a week ago (still no appt through) but im now panicking that its soemthing and thinking its got bigger on one side (yes ive been feeling rubbing and prodding at it of course!! Know this could be why it feels bigger) throats still scratchy sore way (moves from side to side) so abso worried like mad its something sinsister. My line manager at work said she could see it (no one else has not even drs have seen it with their eyes or said so anyway) and told me about her thyroid issues and about someone who had thyroid cancer. My thyroid and fbc came back fine in feb but niw panicking like mad about it all. HELP!! Xx

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Got scan appt date for 28th july, is it a good sugn drs not oushed for it to get done sooner?

Re: Thyroid/ Glands/ Goitre issues

Does anyone have any insight?? Still quite panicky and neck feels all puffy this morning :(

Heya, I have thyroid issues but am no expert on these things. BUT you are getting a scan so that's a good thing. And your levels are all normal? So that's good too.

Thyroids can get nodules/goitre and things on them that are not cancer so please don't be worried about that.

Thank you. I know its all looking positive and dr is most likely just acting on the side of caution. Feel as though 9ne side has got alot bigger than the other over the past few days but ive been checking to see how things are so prob iritating it. Just so paranoid and worked up :(

This is probably your anxiety, but its great your getting a scan to double check. If it is a goiter, I would be very careful about squeezing it and pushing too hard on it, as that can bring about hyper or hypo symptoms.. (that is if you have a goiter).. I had a thyroid scare, my TSH was off in my bloodwork, they said my thyroid looked inflamed mildly. Went back for bloodwork 2 months later and my bloodwork was completely normal and have had it tested again, and it was normal. So im thinking my extremely high stress levels altered my tests at the beginning. Not too sure about the inflamed part, I'm still confused, and it just aggravates my anxiety not knowing, as anything thyroid related is a complex mess! Don't worry about it until you get a scan and even if you have some small nodules show up, don't get worried, it's common in almost half of the overall population. I had a few small ones show up and i freaked out about nothing.

Thank you. Its been there since at least dec but dont think its really got any bigger. Yes thyroid check on a fbc was normal so presuming thats a good sign. Im hoping its just going to show a fatty lump or something. Its not painful or anything (throats a bit sore but think thats hayfever/viral related) Im trying to push it to the back of my mind but then its that voice of you better check and then it starts going through all the what ifs and then freak myself out :(

Thread Information