Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelling Holiday

Cancelling Holiday

Hello everyone, I am new here and just looking for some support.. Recently I was supposed to go on a holiday with my other half. I had to call it off because of anxiety and panic attacks, mainly 24hr anxiety.. This has left me very down and feeling like there is no one else in the world like me, I feel like I have failed everyone

Re: Cancelling Holiday

Hi , you are not alone I've backed out of loads of family and friends events over the years and I beat myself up eveytime , this site is full of people like us , I've gone on holidays and had to fake being happy when I'm realy anxious through out , it can get better I've had periods where I've felt good and not worried about things , but my family life's a bit of a car crash well more of a motorway pile up , there will be other holidays and maybe you might go and enjoy it , take care .

Thank you for the reply, it is nice to know that there are some people in the same boat as me.

Same goes for me. And I felt I let people down each time, but surprisingly they were understanding. I felt I let myself down though when I think about the trips I missed out on. But at the time I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed myself.
    If you're you're ill you can't do it. When you're better there'll be plenty more opportunities.
    So don't beat yourself up about it. You're not alone.
    You will get better and there'll be other holidays.

No you have not failed.

I cancelled a few holidays. If you feel you are not ready to tackle a holiday, then you have done the right thing. There will always be holidays on the horizon and you will eventually go. At this point in time, it is not meant to be.
    You need to allow yourself time to heal and enjoy your holidays to their fullest.
    And when you do go, you really will enjoy them like you never have before.
    I know this, because it all happened to me. x

I know exactly how you feel I have lost hundreds of pounds by not going on holiday at the last minute and I also feel so bad that I have let people down I now don't book anything in advance because of the fear and anxiety it just builds up and in the end I can't go. I do feel for you

When you're ill you take your illness with you on holiday-it doesn't disappear because you are somewhere else. Don't be hard on yourself?

I was supposed to have gone on holiday with my son and his two friends in May. It would have been our first holiday in nearly 10 years (my husband died in 2007 and it was just before he died that we last went away together) I booked and paid the deposit last year before I had the anxiety and at that time I was really looking forward to it and my son was so excited. We had booked a beautiful villa with a pool in Greece and couldn't wait to go. But come Feb and time to pay the balance I just couldn't do it - lost nearly £600 and upset my poor son so much, he was heartbroken. I still feel very guilty about this.

You are not alone ,majority of us we got afected in important moments by anxiety ,this like a ****ig bitch .Dont dramatize so much because it will put you more on negativity .I am sure that your girlfriend will understand you

Hi,

I have depression and anxiety but I'm not really sure what one causes the other as they do go hand in hand. My fiancé and I were supposed to go away two months ago before my current episode happened but I couldn't face it and I felt terrible because he works so hard and I really isolated myself. It was horrible for him and I'm still not out of the woods yet. I've only just realised how hard I am on myself but would I be the same if it was a broken leg and I couldn't do things with that? Probably not! I'm only just learning after 4 bouts of this that I'm too harsh and don't give myself credit for anything and I've worked so hard that I always come last. No wonder I get depressed and anxious with that pressure.

Just on Friday I was supposed to go to a wedding reception and I couldn't go, I was apologising profusely to everyone, "I should have went" and " I let people down" were the negative thoughts and I ended up in tears. Sometimes things are just too much too soon. I get highly anxious whilst driving so I have started building up driving a wee bit longer and further each day.

We really need to learn to be more caring and nurturing to ourselves, easier said than done mind you! X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information