Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancelling Holiday

Re: Cancelling Holiday

If you're not feeling right then going on holiday only makes it worse, trust me I've tried it.

Wow great to read your stories and to know I am not alone

I booked a solo holiday to cape Verde and I am just in a state

Work has become unbearable due to having a new boss, not sleeping and the thought of travelling alone is freaking me out. I don't want to go then spend the holiday freaking out about the return journey, I feel like I am not ready. I think my only regret will be spending the money but I won't miss going.

Not sure what to do

Clairester

I have backed out of lots of things over the years from birthday drinks to holidays and everything in between.
    I know that because of my anxiety I have sometimes backed out of things that i could probably have got through, but you can only do what you think is best for yourself.

I recently pushed myself to go on holiday as I knew my wife needed a break and she was good enough to make sure that I could just 'veg' if I needed to whilst we were away.

Treat yourself well. That's key

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Just looking for some advice as I have just had to cancel my holiday due to my depression and anxiety. I was recently referred to hospital as I was feeling suicidal. I am in a better place than I was and getting help but am still struggling.

My friend booked and paid for the holiday a while ago when I was feeling ok, well I thought I was. I am very grateful to have a friend that has been so kind to do that. Because of what recently happened I have had to cancel the holiday. My friend has lost all of her money and I feel awful and don't know what to do to make it right. I am off work and not being paid so I can't afford to pay her back. I understand how she must be feeling, I think I've lost her as a friend because of this. I don't know what to do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information