Thread: I'm new here

I'm new here

Hi!

I was diagnosed with OCD about 2 years ago. I started having bad thoughts about stabbing my husband. I also am a clean freak, and I have to check things a million times. So I made sure all the knives were locked up. I was put on paxil, but I didn't like the way it made me feel. So I went off it, and it was a long time before I had these thoughts again. But I am going through a very bad time right now. I am trying to get in to see a psychiatrist, but it is almost impossible, so I am going to try my GP again. I also have a lot of suicidal thoughts. I too, am afraid of acting on these thoughts. They are definitely unwanted. I just want to feel normal again. It is nice to find a forum with people that are going through the same thing.

Re: I'm new here

Hi Leigh,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

A warm welcome Leigh, I understand your concern about the thoughts, I use to have thoughts about harming my daughter, but I also knew at the time I was feeling very anxious and worried about certain things, this went on for about 3 weeks, I knew I wouldn't do it, the thing to remember is that, you will never act those thoughts out, but you'd be worried that you would.

I use to self talk and, just tell myself , ok I have them, and it will pass, and when those thoughts entered my head, I was aware of them, but ignored them, I know easier said than done, but try if you can to ignore them, or think of something alot more happier, I also know I use to be shocked that I could even think something as awful as that, because we love our partners and kids so much, we would never ever harm them, but it was due to anxiety, and worrying about stuff.

I hardly check my cooker but do still get those moments when I do, and now its just the ordinary routine check that most people would do, before they go to bed.

Good to have you hear you will get loads of support!!!!!!!!!!

sky

hi leigh
    i have had ocd since i was abou 7 i think. although i have never really been diagnosed with it because i tend to ignore where i can or just grin and bear it. The knifes thing i understand but have never really told anyone as its just such an unbearable thought to enter your head isnt it! I know its the exact opposite of what i would do which is why it feels so bad to get the awful thought in the first place. i am hoping to see someone about cbt soon which i hope will help with the anxiety and the ocd. good luck x

Leigh a big welcome to the site

Piglet

Hi Leigh

Just wanted to welcome you aboard.

Lovely to see you here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. I actually felt a lot better once I read other people's experiences. I will definitely be back soon!!!!

Thanks again!

Thread Information