Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help calm me down a little bit? I've never been so scared

Re: Please help calm me down a little bit? I've never been so scared

The bones of the neck include several cervical and thoracic vertebrae (neck bones). If you run your fingers down your neck from the base of your skull you'll feel a "bump" where the cervical and thoracic vertebrae meet the spine. That's what you're feeling. Everyone has what you describe and it varies in size from person to person.

It's totally normal. It makes sense that posture can accentuate this especially in today's world of always looking down at a phone or being humped over at a computer. So now you can choose to accept this or continue to worry needlessly.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-06-16 at 15:06.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you very much! I have finally managed to stop obsessing over it so much, and suddenly all of the aches I felt in that area are gone when I'm not thinking about it. I had a yearly checkup at the eye Dr today. I was reading online that sometimes they are able to see tumors of the brain or sense abnormal pressure behind the eyes which would raise a red flag. The thing I was worried about said the tumor is located behind the eyes. It turns out my eyes got a bit worse this year, so I immediately started figuring that I had a tumor. Out of curiosity I mentioned it to my Dr asking if that could cause my eyes to get worse, he laughed and told me the change in my eyes is absolutely nothing to be concerned about and he went on to tell if that if I had a tumor so close to my eyes that would affect my vision that I wouldn't be able to see out of the sides of my eyes at all and that it would be black. He told me that there's absolutely nothing to be worried about. I then of course brought up a little thing I noticed on my eyelid, he told me it was just a skin tag and gave me some eyelid wipes to help with that. My mom worked at an eye dr before and she told me that there was a young boy who had a brain tumor and they actually found it during his normal check up. I still don't understand how that's possible, but I'm going to just trust what I was told today!

Ok I'm honestly blocking health sites from now on since I keep googling uncontrollably!! I've now convinced myself that its bone cancer. The hard hump when I bend over, how it feels like it's swelling and I've never felt this big hump there before, this must have just shown up overnight!! It all points directly to bone cancer. I even furthered my fear when I read that when it's on the spine it has a low chance of being cured. I'm so angry with myself, why must I constantly torment myself like this?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    Ok I'm honestly blocking health sites from now on since I keep googling uncontrollably!! I've now convinced myself that its bone cancer. The hard hump when I bend over, how it feels like it's swelling and I've never felt this big hump there before, this must have just shown up overnight!! It all points directly to bone cancer. I even furthered my fear when I read that when it's on the spine it has a low chance of being cured. I'm so angry with myself, why must I constantly torment myself like this?
    I know it's hard to stop googling but you really must do everything you can to stop as it's just making things worse.

LOADS of people have a wee bump/hump there and it's nothing to worry about.

From someone who is also struggling with health anxiety about different physical stuff, the internet can be useful but the more you focus on it the worse it seems.

Well, here I am, five WHOLE years later. I am now 21. ( I couldn’t remember my login for that account so I made another ) This was something that when I was 16 I wanted to go to the dr for but my parents thought I was fine. I pretty much just let that fear go.. I kinda just accepted that it was a part of my body that I’d just deal with. Recently for some reason I began thinking about it again. It is definitely a Buffalo hump ( it looks like the pictures online ) I began googling it again and came across Cushings disease. I have quite a bit of the symptoms, but I think the symptoms are related to other things too. For example, some of the symptoms are related to PCOS which my doctor believes I may have. Supposedly cushings disease rare, but a “Buffalo hump” is a sign for it.

I haven’t mentioned this hump to a doctor. I’ve seen plenty over the past few years for other things but I guess my hair covers it up so maybe they wouldn’t have notice anyways. I know that my posture was and is bad. ( ESPECIALLY throughout school I was always uncomfortable with my hair and would constantly have my head down on my desk leaking forward pretty much constantly throughout school years) I am pretty sure that a bad posture can cause one to form, but I am more worried about something else going on. I know that since it’s been 5 years and I’m still okay that’s a little comforting. Reading how frantic I was about it 5 years ago is a bit hard for me to revisit. I had been struggling so bad at that point.

I guess now I’m just falling down a hole again, convinced that I have this rare disease and that I’m going to die from it. I feel my thoughts spiraling again. I’m afraid I’ll die before I ever get to marry my boyfriend or have kids, there’s just so many things going through my mind. I have done very well with my anxiety this past year. ( for the most part there’s been some struggles ) but now I feel like it’s back and I need to get the strength to fight it off again. I know I had this hump before I was 16 even. I remember at the time posting this I had been going though pictures and it had been around before I was even 16.
    Last edited by UserName20; 14-05-21 at 15:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information