Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Smorgasbord Minutia

Politics Smorgasbord Minutia

Open to discuss any and all things political.

Without diversity of thought there is no diversity.

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 24-07-16 at 01:39.

Re: Politics Smorgasbord Minutia

Any thoughts on the upcoming US election?

Hi Bluebelle!

I think Donald Trump is going be our next president. I didn't vote for him in the primary but I will in the general election. He's the only true outsider. Actually he's not even a politician. And Hillary is so rotten it's not funny. How about you? Are you happy with PM Trudeau? Your last PM seemed like a pretty tough character. Just wondering is there any illegal immigration there?

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 18-06-16 at 11:23.

It will make a hilarious assassination "outtake" if someone tried and just blew his wig off!

Well, you had Bush Jn.

Anyway, I suspect he may calm down if he got in. They all have their paymasters to report to. That and the regular staff who steer governments away from things, those we call civil servants or advisors over here.

I'm not a fan of Trump but Hillary seems up to her neck in dirt so it's a rock and a hard place.

hahaha...yeah Terry...just watching the hair alone is going to be worth having him around lol! I just hope they don't aim a little lower.

Though the delivery is entirely different Trump is a lot like Reagan in this respect...when he says something one doesn't have to try to figure out what he means. The major politicians here like to claim that they are "nuanced" - a very vague term indeed. I don't want nuance. I want total clarity in my leadership.

But the hair, yeah...it's classic.

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 18-06-16 at 11:46.

It's the times. They all get schooled on public speaking and how to talk without answering anything other than the question they wanted to be asked. It's a big reason people dislike politicians over here.

Anyway, we're all tame compared to some countries. It's hilarious to see the brawls in some, although worrying when you think what they are in charge of. It's a bad example to their people but you can't help but laugh when you see it. It's like the old image of a couple of little girls hand slapping each other.

The Italian PM was a controversial character with his "bunga bunga" parties. I suppose it makes a difference to finding out years after that they were into some weird stuff.

They all seem to like being whipped in dungeons...I guess it reminds them of their public school days.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-06-16 at 12:09.

Hahahaha...not surprised about the Italian PM. I just read that Italy is basically disappearing. Their population has dropped frighteningly low. Maybe they need to get back into bed with their own spouse's and rebuild the population? Actually I read the government is offering some incentives to do just that.

You know high emotions in politics is nothing new. In 1804 Arron Burr shot and killed his political rival, Alexander Hamilton, in a duel in New Jersey.

And I'm sure you've heard this line - "Et Tu Brute, Et Tu?"

Pardon if I botched my Shakespeare there...it's been awhile

N.

Didn't know that about Italy. Well if those Bertolli adverts are true, there should be plenty of will to repopulate!

That's a great idea, image the viewing figures for a televised duel?!!! It would be like Celebrity Deathmatch (always loved that).

The most we have had was John Prescott punching the bloke who egged him. Not a good punch but he got a thumbs up from a lot of we normal people for him being one of us and not making a speech and suing him like most of these boring people would.

Yeah...wussies sue for things like that. I'm with you.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information