Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Smorgasbord Minutia

Re: Politics Smorgasbord Minutia

Ooh, nurse Ratched...I can't resist a strong woman. Better keep Hilary away from me, I like a more mature woman so it could be me on the desk in Oval office...

I hate to break it to you but over here I think we know there have been a few US presidents who are shall we say, a bit dodgy? She would just be the next in that line to me.

Great if she on your side as she will make up excuses, things will get lost, tricks will be pulled and people will be leant on.

Well slick willy had Monica under the desk

One of our recent PM's is a very close friend of Rupert Murdock, out was, so that alone should be a huge red flag of scumbag.

You certainly couldn't trust Hillary. With the things coming out about Bill, it makes you wonder what kind of people they are. We've been used to the corruption side for a long time but all these assaults and the abuse coming out is very worrying and I mean over here too and Bill's looking like one of them. Associating with paedophiles knowingly is something I can't comprehend and I don't believe the Secret Service didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    One of our recent PM's is a very close friend of Rupert Murdock, out was, so that alone should be a huge red flag of scumbag.

You certainly couldn't trust Hillary. With the things coming out about Bill, it makes you wonder what kind of people they are. We've been used to the corruption side for a long time but all these assaults and the abuse coming out is very worrying and I mean over here too and Bill's looking like one of them. Associating with paedophiles knowingly is something I can't comprehend and I don't believe the Secret Service didn't know.
    I'm with you 100% on that Terry. You nailed it.

I don't get why anyone would consider Trump presidential material?
    He isn't Statesmanlike
    He is a mysoginist
    He has over simplified views of key issues - Mexican migration

I appreciate he would surround himself with political heavyweights so hopefully that would help

He feels like hes on the wrong end of the whole 'Gun' argument in the USA with lots of the recent massacres ( though I appreciate lots of Americans will says its people not guns that are the issue )

I don't know enough about Hillary Clinton and any dirt but she feels the better option to me for the USA especially with her Foreign Policy experience

A gun is just a tool. My house is full of objects that could be used to kill. Even over here there is nothing stopping me purchasing an arsenal of military knives and a bow. So, we can argue that we have similar problems. And these knives have been used to kill yet are still available when there is absolutely no need to sell them. Who needs a combat knife?

Guns just cause a greater amount of damage in a shorter period of time. But a car could be used in a similar manner.

It's always people that are the issue, no gun acts of it's own volition. Gun control is needed to limit access to people who will abuse them, whether intentional or accidental.

If someone intends to kill, they will find plenty of weapons around them that are not weapons. We can't stop that, only limit their access to what is essential in daily life and that just isn't guns. But we can't put acts of hatred down to the existence of a gun.

Gun Control in Japan hugely lowered the incidences of homicide.
    NRA argues that would not happen in USA and anyway its a constitutional right to hold a Gun.

What of the rates of violence though? Did removing guns from society make people peaceful?

I don't believe it would. It would reduce murder rates but violence would still be high.

We have had some serious knife crime problems in the UK. It's easier to kill with a gun since it requires less skill and there is less chance of the weapon being taken off you and potentially used on you.

But does swapping the weapon turn violent people into peaceful people? No. It's a tool, it doesn't make decisions for us and doesn't tell us to murder.

Constitutional right is weak argument. It's no longer the wild west. That wouldn't stop change in a modern country. It's money & influence that stops it. The same reason why our government can't do anything about the utility companies who overcharge blagging it as the oil price and their obvious collusion. And I know that's not just about oil price, those businesses were wasting hundreds of millions of pounds out the back door each due to inefficiency...but when they started cutting out that waste you never saw your prices go down, they went up. business have the politicians by the short & curlies and they know it.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 21-06-16 at 15:06.

I heard some of the US politicians had a sit in to demand something on gun control. How did that work out for them?

Didn't they do something like this last time the issue came to a head?

Something for Obamy to get his teeth into, not that he will care now he is leaving. He never showed any willingness to resolve it either of his terms. Something he could have been doing rather than preaching to the rest of the world.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...al-enterprise/

Daryl Issa is a California Congressman.
    Last edited by Noivous; 06-07-16 at 16:18.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information