Thread: WOW citolopram can cause MASSIVE weight gain!

WOW citolopram can cause MASSIVE weight gain!

so now matter how well i think im eating, and no matter how much i walk anywhere

my weight either stays the same, or goes up

now it shouldnt be styaing the same as im very active

yet i still find myself bloated squeezing into the same clothes

i googled citolopram weight gain and it was all over the net people talking about it slowing down their metabolism

i immediatly binned all my citolopram

anyone else on here?

to think ive been taking citolopram for 14 months, and working my butt off to stay fit, walkin everywhere eating healthy -- yet that stupid citolopram was slowing my metabolism :(

Re: WOW citolopram can cause MASSIVE weight gain!

Hi , I think they affect people in differnt ways I lost 3 stone in 6 months on them but I had a very bad reaction to them , others have found them a great help even a life saver , I wouldn't take them again but of you are in a bad way I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying them .

Loads of antidepressants can cause weight gain if you look at their side effects profiles.

But I wouldn't cold turkey off them because of this. If you really want to withdraw, do it the right way, slowly & in small tapered amounts. Cold turkey can hit you in the anxiety stakes.

I only put a little but on with Cit and that was probably combined with less exercise, not eating right and anxiety itself. Anxiety causes far too much cortisol to be present and that alone gains weight, especially the face & trunk areas from what I've read about it. Once I got back to work, despite the daily hikes I had been going on, I dropped the little weight I had gained.

On this current one, Duloxetine, I have gained about a stone which is more than the Cit. I am a bit older though as well.

Well i think depends from person to person .I heard about people that slow theit metabolism and other dont have any problems

Thread Information