Thread: Struggling on mirtazipine

Question Struggling on mirtazipine

Hi I got weaned off 40mg of citalopram 2 weeks ago and last Monday I got put on 30mg mirtazipine. I slept for nearly 24 hours could not lift my head was a total zombie hated the feeling so I went back to doctors and they prescribed me 15mg but was to half it for now. So I have been doin this from Wednesday at bedtime. While taking this I have started
    To get restless legs and hands at night and I get extremely bad dizzy spells during the day and my anxiety is higher very agitated I don't start feeling my proper self until like 5pm the next day. I cried on Thursday for hours wanting this feeling to go away.Is this normal? I want the feeling to go away I can't hold a normal conversation with anyone until 5pm every day before that I'm like a zombie and I have no motivation for going
    Out at all during the day. I start a new job in 2 weeks I'm scared they still make me like this as I can't drive while taking these just now. Does it get better on them? And when will it work properly? 😞😞 I also take beta blockers 3 times a day which sometimes helps me calm down. If anyone can give me any positive feedback I would really appreciate it x

Re: Struggling on mirtazipine

Sounds like you could be having withdrawal from the citalopram as well as star up effects of the Mirtazapine?

Why did you change your meds, if you don't mind me asking?

Mirt is well known for making you feel groggy and odd in the mornings. This will wear off eventually but the lower dose is actually more sedating.

Not sure if this is any help.

Hope you feel better soon

I was on citalopram for 5 years and recently I had been taking major panic attacks if I was away from home and my depression was worse so the doctor said that they weren't working anymore & I was to try these. So if I was to take the 15mg I wouldn't be as groggy the next day as I am on 7.5? That's weird normally it is the total opposite 🤔 Thank you for your reply. You could be right as she only gave me a week to wean me off my 40mg

I wish I was sleepy on these but they just do not effect me at all. I've tried taking 7.5mg and the 15 but nothing!

I took mirtazapine 3 days before giving up on it
    restless crsmpy legs and frequent urinstion
    there are other meds you could try so see your gp

Thread Information