Thread: IBS or sensitive stomach PLEASE RESPOND

IBS or sensitive stomach PLEASE RESPOND

Hi, I have ibs but my stomach is also very sensitive & I have LOTS of anxiety issues besides. Now the ibs symptoms seemed to be calm for a while, but lately I've been getting a SLIGHT gassy & VERY SLIGHT bloated feeling but you CANNOT SEE any bloat. I'm not sure what to make of it but there's NO PAIN. Even though there's no pain & symptoms are slight I'm still anxious about this because I don't know what to make of it. Does anyone ever experience anything like this? Can anxiety exacerbate ibs symptoms? Someone PLEASE RESPOND. Thank You

Re: IBS or sensitive stomach PLEASE RESPOND

Hi,

Absolutely positively and without a doubt anxiety can have a huge affect on ibs/digestive issues. I experienced it awhile back. Completely stopped going for weeks. I thought I had every disease in the world. It was all anxiety based. Anxiety can have a profound affect on the stomach, intestines, and bowels. So don't worry...if you can help it.

N.

Hi Violet33,

I get these symptoms for a while before a bad run of IBS comes on. I think anxiety definitely contributes to digestive issues and feeling overly-sensitive in the stomach, and well, really in the whole body. It makes you aware of every little thing much more, that many people would otherwise not even really notice.

Certainly doesn't mean it's all in your head, just that you are hyper-sensitive to the feelings and sensations in your body. Try not to worry about it too much, as a bit of gas and bloating can be pretty normal. Try eliminating things such as dairy, wheat and gluten, oils, refined sugars and process foods from your diet (if you haven't already) and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and sip on water, as it could really help with the symptoms.

Hope it all goes well for you, all the best x

YES! Anxiety does all sorts of things to the digestive system. I get bad nausea. It's horrible but not anything to medically worry about.

Thank You very much for all these helpful responses!

Thread Information