Thread: consistent derealization, :(

consistent derealization, :(

I have had this unreal, spaced out feeling for about 18 months, sometimes like when i'm at work or i'm driving it gets really bad and feels very much like i'm living my life with my face pressed up against a screen or something. I'm not entirely sure if i'm okay driving, i hate it and am reluctant to drive alone but people keep pressuring me to because i'm dependant on others but when i really space out its hard to be spatially aware of others cars, i haven't hit anyone but as i said i don't drive much so who knows what may happen. I hate this feeling and i know its anxiety but all i want is a clear mind so i can function without the worry that i'll faint or float away or something. A lot of the time i'm not even panicking and it can last for hours, in some cases i have purposely worried myself so i don't pass out (my therapist told me you can't faint from panic because of the adrenaline?) even though i have never actually fainted in my life.
    reminding myself its just anxiety helps a little sometimes and trying to not think about it too but that's a cycle of realising you're not thinking about it only to think about it again, so i thought i would see what other suggest. maybe i should look into being put on some sort of medication again?

Re: consistent derealization, :(

I have the same thing. Happens a lot when im driving also and im not even necessarly anxious when it happens. I think mine is due to my new medication and adjusting to it but i have had it a few times where i dont feel like im in my body and that everything seems like a dream or movie. I was told grounding techniques can help

Re: consistent derealization, :(

I had depersonalisation consistently for a few months. Scariest time of my life. It's an awful feeling but it does get better with help. To be honest the only thing that helped me was Zoloft after about two months and I noticed the fog lifting. I also found techniques like looking around me... And thinking about what I could smell, hear, taste helped to ground me. I really hope this goes for you soon.

Thread Information