Thread: hello

hello

Hi everyone, I am a 40 year old mother of two who has suffered social anxiety and agoraphobia for the past 15 years following the birth of my daughter and health problems. I have returned to education as (very) mature student and really struggle with interacting and the dreaded presentations which completely bring on my anxiety. However on a plus point I have achieved a degree this year which I am soooo proud of. I'm looking forward to meeting some like minded people here who understand what anxiety can do to a person in their everyday life and hopefully learn from others.

Sarah ☺

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya sunrayblue and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: hello

Good morning sunrayblue and congrats on getting your degree. Going back to school at a mature age is a specialty of mine. But since getting my MBA I'm now retired from education. I definitely understand where you're coming from when it comes to social anxiety and to a degree agoraphobia.

My best two-cents worth of advice would be do what you are already doing which is pushing your boundaries. Like yourself I'm also a parent but with a special needs child (he's 24 now). Which means although I want to stay isolated I can't. With children in the home and the desire to finish your education you are already pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. My challenge for you (and me) would be to keep pushing those boundaries every chance you get.

Not everyday going to be a winner, but if you have gone this far, what the hay! Keep pushing. Best to you sunrayblue keep pursuing your dreams.

Hi Sarah, welcome and congratulations on your degree, that's an amazing achievement. I've also gone back to university, at the age of 43, and it's been really tough. Some days I have just had to get up and go home, and I've missed a few weeks of the course as a result. I'm sure you'll find lots of support and new friends here.
    Simon

Hi Sarah. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrayblue View Post
    Hi everyone, I am a 40 year old mother of two who has suffered social anxiety and agoraphobia for the past 15 years following the birth of my daughter and health problems. I have returned to education as (very) mature student and really struggle with interacting and the dreaded presentations which completely bring on my anxiety. However on a plus point I have achieved a degree this year which I am soooo proud of. I'm looking forward to meeting some like minded people here who understand what anxiety can do to a person in their everyday life and hopefully learn from others.

Sarah ☺
    Wow! Absolutely...good for you. You should feel proud. That ain't easy and you did it. looking forward to talking with you.

N.

Thread Information