Thread: So is it getting better or am I being paranoid.

So is it getting better or am I being paranoid.

Hey, for about 2 and half months now my bowels have been a bit up and down has a massive fear of bowel cancer wvich is sort of still here, ive been to two doctors the last one was a week Wednesday said the same stress, anxiety and possibly ibs if ive had it for years.

Over the last 2 months ive had a fear of skin cancer, bowel cancer, tetanus latest and testicular cancer.

Ok so it started off with constipation, took a lactlose had runny for a week scared me then it went sort of weird feeling like there was bigger to come out of that it had to come around something but small came out. That's gone now in the last 2 months I think there's 3 or 4 times I temember of going my usual once a day but i still had rectal pressure after that I just have got too exited and I kept thinking of it.

Anyway it went back to the weird feeling the next week after I thought I saw blood on one I enptied off this one I think it was red sauce in the end that I had gone better now a bit over that after I saw the doctor. Anyway 1 week Friday it went to constipation it finally hardened up and I was doing little like pellets but still felt incomplete went on holiday last week same really I did do a couple of big ones I think once I felt slightly relieved but still had a tiny bit if pressure and on Friday I went as normal and the night a bit of mucus came out no stiol ive had this for years though.

Now it feels like im slightly back to normal with it being hard but ive been twice already today but there is more I can feel so is this just regular constipation? Problem is i get anxious before a bowel movement and during so am I holding it in do you think because im nervous ?

But yeah it's really depressing :( and I'm still worried but yeah everytime I get the urge to go I feel anxious for what might happen and I feel tense and can't relax during a bm. Also tenesmus does that mean a voilebt urge as in I need to go now! Or just a bit of pressure :(.

When I relax and im out the house I don't need to go at all or feel the urge but even when I do relax its still there at times :( can the anxiety still hit you even if you're thinking of it subconciously ? As I can't rid it from my head completely it's always there.

Sorry it's a bit mumbled and Long just wanted to get it out

Re: So is it getting better or am I being paranoid.

Hi..... Im going through the exact same symptoms....driving me mad...
    IM having a terrible terrible time at work at the moment....which has coincided with symptoms...The job Im on ends in 4 weeks so I hope they will subside then...

I have never officially been diagnosed with IBS as I have a 4 week rule that if I have whatever symptom for more than 4 weeks I see a doctor...Up till now after 2 or 3 weeks the symptoms go or change...this has been going on and off for the last 15 years or so....

This is the first time that symptoms have lasted so long....I will as soon as able go talk to my Dr

sigh :(

Yeah it does suck :( 2 months now ive seen two doctors, I'm not happy with my job either

Try to relax health anxiety can really play tricks with your mind.

Hi Lockey1995,

It sounds like your anxiety could definitely contribute to not only your feelings surrounding this, but the physical symptoms as well. It's not uncommon for anxiety to cause uncomfortable digestive/bladder/bowel problems. People can experience diarrhea and/or constipation just from anxiety alone.

I get health anxiety too, but try not to give into it. It's not a bad thing to have awareness of your body and things that go on, but try not to let it consume you too much

If you find it happens more so when you're relax and at home, rather than when you're out and about doing things and your mind is more distracted, then I would really associate a link with even subconscious anxiety being a trigger. When we are prone to anxious thoughts and we go through an uncomfortable experience, it's like our mind almost anticipates the same experience again, so the thought (or fear) is always there in the background.

I'm sure you will fine! all the best

I'm guessing the incomplete evac can be caused by ibs and anxiety aswell then? also what is meant by that does it mean you feel there might be something to come out further up or is it literally when you feel like it's going to fly out but nothing comes out?

It doesn't feel like that it may be empty and feel empty but i keep panicking I've started to drink more water now hardly drunk anything before apart from coffee which probably isn't the best.

Thread Information