Thread: ESA claim stopped

ESA claim stopped

I had my assessment and they say I am fit for work :( I am past myself... What happens with appeal process has anyone been success fill and got it.. I scored 12 and needed to score 15 ...and what can I do for money during that time? I have bills to pay :(

Re: ESA claim stopped

Right, a few things:

1. ESA is about ticking boxes to score points. Points mean prizes. It is most certainly not there to help anyone understand your suffering, or the unfairness of the system, or even your worthiness for the benefits. It's about how you make your application tick their boxes. If you are the most debilitated person in the world and your application doesn't tick their boxes, you get nothing.

2. The DWP absolutely DOES NOT want to pay you any ESA. They DO NOT want you to be able to claim it. The DWP does not exist to help or support us any more. Why do you think the ESA form is 55 pages long, when the majority of people applying for it are disadvantaged, disabled and often not capable of filling it in? They will put every obstacle in your way and will use everything you tell them against you. DO NOT FORGET THIS.

3. Get an advocate now. Contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. If you are classed as having a learning disability other advocate agencies exist. Do not attempt to appeal without an advocate unless you cannot get an advocate within the time frame.

If in doubt, REFER TO POINT 2.

5. PM me if you are happy to discuss certain details about your application for ESA. It's ok if not, I just need to know how we can look at your answers and how they were scored.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

They purposely fail most Claims - pursue it to Tribunal. Get sick notes to claim sick pay in the interim.

If you scored only 12 points rather than the 15 you needed, before the appeal process stage you have to request a "mandatory reconsideration" with the DWP where they look at your case again. You cannot go straight to appeal before doing this... I would contact anyone who knows about you're condition to give you written supported evidence to back up your claim. Wish you all the best!

Thread Information