Thread: MY Worst PA, ever.

MY Worst PA, ever.

I was on my way to school in a taxi. I get PA's every morning on the way to school. I don't understand why, i like school sometimes and i'm not bullied, but i just get them.

This day was different, i had been feeling something close to bad anxiety all night but in the taxi i was overcome with a sense of impending doom. I began to breath really, really heavily; i was dizzy and chest pains racked my body but no one seemed to notice. Every time i looked out of the window of the car i kept getting visions of people dying and the world ending...

The chest pains began to ripple through my body like a stone on a lake, even breaking through my skull. I felt like i had to scream. Visions of some sort of Hell-like place kept drifting in and out of my mind and i was so depersonalized i began to feel like i was floating. Like i was dying. I began to wish i died: it would of been better than these body-destructive powers.

Then it stopped. Slowly, i came back to my sense and the chest pains subsided; i realised only a minute or two had passed since the PA began, but it felt like an eternity, to coin a cliche. I had hour-long PA's before but this one, a mere two minutes, feels like it's changed my life...

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Re: MY Worst PA, ever.

Hi..
    Today out of no where i didn't have the chest pains (for me they are usually signs of anxiety) i had EXTREME nausea. I was drinking in Costa and i had a wave of sickness come over me. It was horrible. This is the second time in the last week i have had a panic attack. What was worse is that on the way home i was stuck in a freaking traffic jam for 15 minutes. I kept doing the old Paul McKenna tapping thingy...i don't know if it helped, but it definitely hurt!!!! I'm now getting to the point of being scared to go out again incase i feel sick...ugh.

Sarah

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

awww guys,

sorry to hear you are having these beastly panics.

but you didnt die or go crazy did you? all they are is adrenaline, believe IT! they are nothing more than that, the bodies response to threat from a sabre tooth tiger, not sittin in a taxi or in costa!

this is what makes it so devastating as you RATIONALLY know there is no threat! if there was all that adrenaline would save your life, as it is it just makes you feel yyeeeuuuchhhh!!!!!!

many of us guys have been there many many times, and we are still here to tell the tale, not dead or locked in padded cells!!

my advice is to not follow my example of dealing with panics - DO NOT AVOID!!!!

over time you will learn coping skills while you are out in the world, if you start to avoid you will undoubtedly develop AGORIAPHOBIA and you really do not want to go there!!!

just keep doing your positive self talk and over time you will come to see that they cannot in any shape or form harm you (please take it from me as somebody who didnt have the help that is available now, cbt is THE recommended therapy to deal with what ur going thru, and positive self talk plays a massive role in cbt)and eventually your mind will no longer be frightened by them, you just let them happen and then pick urself up and carry on,like you said dan it only lasted a couple of minutes and it actually subsided of its own accord, you just gotta ride the storm until ur mind gets the reverse message tHAt panics are not BAD.(THEY CANNOT KILL YOU)

anyway good luck guys and keep out there!!
    emma

Hiya..
    Aww, i no how you feel, ive had panic attacks like that before, but be positive, nothing bad happened did it so when your next having one, try and replace the negitive thoughts with positive ones (its easier said then done!)

Try not to worry and be strong, if you ever wanna talk just PM me, or email me, coz i completely understand, i have panic attacks at school too, and im 13.

Cya..
    xxxkelxx

Thread Information