Thread: Out of my mind

Out of my mind

My panic attack brought me to the ER today...and I am so sick of feeling like im dying. I went because I literally feel like I have a brick in my chest...canthey breath. Keep feeling like I have to take deep breaths. Everything was find at the ER. And I can have full conversations for 45 minutes without feeling short of breath. So I'm like wtf. It's making me not go to work..it's so scary. My nails also look a little purple towards the bottom..never noticed that before. So I obsess and cry because obviously I have ano embolism or clot or I don't have oxygen in my blood. I know it sounds silly...but my mind won't just knock it off. I'm so helpless. Is this a common issue with anxiety attacks?

Re: Out of my mind

Yes! Absolutley. I know its easy to say but please try not to worry! It happens to me all the time. I get 2-3 day phases of that. Ive even gone through 1 month of breathig issues and i too ended up getting checked out by a doctor and i found it very reassuring. Trust the doctor, there is nothing wrong with you. Right now your brain is very alert so youre noticing all these common things on your body. Just keep in mind if there was anything threating your life you woukd still be at the hospital right now. You will eventually forget to focus on your breathing so much and it will go away. If it does come back you'll already know it is harmless and you will probably snap right out of it after a day or two. Im so sorry this is happening to you, but like i said it is very common with anxiety and it does get better just stay calm as much as you can and keep yourself busy

Thread Information