Thread: Cured from anxiety? Maybe!

Cured from anxiety? Maybe!

So I've been on this long road with anxiety ever since I was 19 (now 32). It's definitely taken over my life to the extent that I never left my house. I somehow still worked but even that was painful. I've been on countless medications, therapies, etc. Nothing worked.

But I came across this book that really opened my eyes to everything that has been going on with me. I've had all of the symptoms mentioned in it and WAY MORE. (Heart Palpitations, lightheaded, heavy also feeling heavy as if I couldn't hold it up, vision was wonky on and off, facial numbing, extremities not feeling right or weak, always worrying that I have some deathly cancer that they aren't able to find.

After reading this book about someone who has been through it all himself he really got me to think about what I need to do. I could tell you all everything but he's really good at explaining it to where it makes sense. I'm sure you have all heard the dreadful "Just stop thinking about it" crap. Well he sort of explains it on why and how to just stop thinking about it. How it helps you overcome this gigantic anxiety hurtle that we all can never jump over.

The book is called "At Last A Life" by Paul David. He does repeat himself a lot but I think it really does help drill some of the important things he talks about into our minds. If you're anything like me with anxiety I forget easily. Never was good at retaining information when I needed to. So in my opinion it's good that he did that. I've changed how I think about my issues and even on the first day I started feel a tad better. I'm only just starting but even feeling a tad better is a great success for me since I never did anything but get worse. So instead of waiting around for a few months to see how everything goes I may have jumped the gun to calling this a cure but I want people to see this so they aren't suffering any longer and on their road to recovery.

I'm serious, get this book. It all make so much sense now into why we with anxiety feel the way we do and how to heal from it.

Re: Cured from anxiety? Maybe!

Hi Adam

I've only just had this book recommended and did a search and found this. You wrote it a while ago, how are you now? You sound as if you've had really bad anxiety symptoms for years. How do you 'forget' the awfulness if the way we feel when you're in the grip of it?

Thanks for posting, I'd be very pleased to hear from you. You already sound as if you've made a major breakthrough. Well done!

I've just started this book too. So far I'm engrossed!

sounds good, i am going to buy this book, nothing ventured nothing gained etc

Thread Information