Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pushing through; big steps; small steps... what works?

Re: Pushing through; big steps; small steps... what works?

For me its repetition. Started out taking day trips an hour away. Once i felt comfortable with that, extended it to 2 hr drive and staying overnight. Once i did that enough i moved onto a short 45 min plane ride and a 4 night stay. After that i went for a2hr plane ride out of state and stayed for 7 days. Seems like after a while, the thought of driving a few hours away and staying in a hotel is fine. It took me pressing myself further and further to show that the smaller trips are ok now. The bigger ones..i can at least do them now...before no way. That sounds easy but took me years to get there and many many trips with big panick attacks, no sleep and pacing at night. So no it wasnt easy or quick. The alternative is to say im beaten, and i dont want to let that happen.

Re: Pushing through; big steps; small steps... what works?

Honestly its me being forced to take these trips cause of work and my wife that i did it. If i wasnt forced i never would do them. Theres nothing wrong in my book with taking the ovcasional trip to the neach for a weekend. Thats about as adventurous as i care to be. I dont enjoy traveling, never have and mever will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information