Thread: sucked back in

sucked back in

hey all
    need some help sigh due to counciling im on the mend i havent really worryed about my health for 2 weeks now and now i am sigh i thought i was on the mend?
    but for some reason ive been worrying about how much i drink in sence of healthy amounts,
    i have like 1 pint during the working week and on friday nights i go out with my friends o and maybe once or twice a month on saturday 2 and get drunk on about 6 glasses of carling or jd and coke usully 2 carlings then a jd then a carling then 2 jds and cokes but yeah im worryed about the amount i drink having a effect on my blood pressure and heart deasese does drink hav a effect on it and does the amount i drunk unhealthy?

sigh ive been having cheast pains all day even when im relaxed anyone hav any idea what it is
    Last edited by deamond117; 17-03-07 at 17:39. Reason: update

Re: sucked back in

Hi
    yes alcohol affects our whole body, and also our mind as it acts as a depressant and can often leave us feeling very down the next day. That said however, for a man im sure some one will correct me if im wrong its 21 units a week is the recommended maximum, a unit being a single measure of spirits, a small glass of wine or a half pint of most beers although some stronger may have more. They say its best to spread this out over the week and to try and have 2 to 3 alcohol free days a week. It doesnt sound as if your intake is excessive, its probably mostly confined to the weekend though, and apparently any more than 4 drinks in the one go for a man is binge drinking (3 for a woman). Alcohol drunk in moderation and responsibily is ok, and once in a while a blow out on a special occasion is also ok. I dont think you have to worry at this level about the physical affects, but perhaps when your anxiety is bad, mentally its maybe not such a great idea. Having said that,it hasnt stopped me at time and im sure there are plenty of us on here who at times have taken a bit too much... and probably will again.
    Hope this helps

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Thread Information