Thread: Mouth issues, anxious

Mouth issues, anxious

Hey everyone,

Ive developed health anxiety since the last month or so, and its strictly linked to my mouth. When i first started i had a dry mouth sensation, and i did the stupid mistake of googling, i found some horrible things and obviously my mind got stuck to those things. Later on i learned that my dry mouth was linked to anxiety; when i was anxious or worried my mouth became dry, but when i woke up and felt relaxed, my mouth was normal. I got into the bad habit of paying lots of attention to the sensations going on in my mouth, even when its moist and normal. I tend to evaluate every little sensation/bump/lump etc, which i guess its not very productive becuase i think that if i want to find something, my body's response will be to create that something im looking for.

For example today i woke up with my mouth being moist and normal overall, except that i have swollen gums around one tooth. I believe this is somewhat of a normal symptom, everyobody might get it from time to time, but with this health anxiety i over exagerate and think its the start of something terrible. Although i have made some progress in regards to anxiety, i still exagerate any kind of symptom/feeling/sensation i get, its a pretty boring situation

Re: Mouth issues, anxious

I feel the same way xx

Re: Mouth issues, anxious

The same way in symptoms or the same way in thoughts and exagerations?

Thread Information