Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

Re: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

I have suffered from GAD since 2003 and missed heartbeats, ectopics...whatever you want to call them, have always been my most hated anxiety symptom. Like so many other people who have posted, I have had them checked out and have had an ECG and everything is normal, but they still have the power to frighten me. Sometimes I go for days or even weeks without them (bliss!) and sometimes they happen once a day for several days. Sometimes there is just one large thud, sometimes a flutter...and I have read all about them, know the reasons behind them, know they won't hurt me, and know that ideally I should just ignore them because most people get them at some point. I can only say - you are not alone - reading these forums helps me enormously because so many people describe exactly how I feel about them and knowing there are so many of us out there is a big support. This is my first ever post - I started to surf the site again tonight because I had a 'flutter' after days of being free from the missed beats. Please just know that ultimately they won't hurt you - I have had them on and off for seven years and am still here!!

I get these and they terrify me. Doc says anxiety is causing them. Still scares me though x

Quote Originally Posted by Pryscil View Post
    I have had them before went to the ER for them and they didn't even show on my test,but they terrify me so much when they are there I freak and when they are gone I panick about the next time they will happen.My biggest fear about them is that once they start they will never stop or that they will get so intense I'll faint...I am so scared of fainting...
    I need reassurance and tips.
    Pretzel

I reckon many of us fear fainting. Sometimes I get whoozy if I get too many. I even once nearly did pass out...but it never actually happened.

Its hard not to be scared but that fear does seem to make them worse:

Dont forget to visit RLR's site. Its down right now though...it does that now and then

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information