Thread: is this anxiety or madness

is this anxiety or madness

I wake up in the morning with a nknot in my stomache that stays there all day. I feel panicky just being on my own at home with no one around and it doesnt shift somedays are worse than others and i can cope with the outside world and doing stuff. i am signed on at college doing courses and i can manage them but somedays i get the feeling in my tummy that turns into a full on panic attack. It is stopping me from finding mates and i have a five yr old son and i feel i let him down as i dont make friends very easy especially with other mums so he is losing out i have just been and seen about getting some help with counselling and i have to wait three months i just want to know what i have and whether i have to live like this for the rest of my life. Can anyone help please

emma
    xxxxxx

Hi Emma

Welcome to the site! You'll find lots of support here.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this feeling. It does sound like it's anxiety. Have you been under a lot of pressure lately? I wake up with that feeling too, but as i'm driving to work i just tell myself to stop feeling this way and what have i got to worry about? It usually works because i give myself positive thoughts and i then relax. If it comes back throughout the day i tell myself again that i know it's me doing this to myself and i have nothing to worry about. I find shaking my hands out (like you're shaking water off them) can help too. Breathing excercises can help, also relaxation and listening to music.

Hope you feel better soon.

KW

Hi,

Welcome to the site, there are loads of people here who are going through similar situations. I can promise you that you are definately not going mad.

Well done for organising counselling, it's a really positive step to have taken.

Take Care, Andy.

Thanks for the replies its on days like this that i feel i cant cope and that im about to have anervous breakdown. It is so nice to share my thoughts with peoplke who dont laff and can sympathise with me
    emma
    xxxxxx

Hi Emma, no one here will laff at you hun, we all go through the same feelings and experiences. Us mums all feel we are letting our kids down by the way we are but we're not, we cope the best way we know how! This is the best place to let all your feelings and thoughts out, everyone will tell you that, Take care Tara xxx

Well said Tara!

Youre in the right place Emma!

Love Minny..xx

Hi Emma..

No you do not have to feel like this forever. You can improve. KW advice is good along with having a few swigs of tonic water to shift that knot in your tummy.

Glad you've arranged counselling and very well done for keeping going to your courses.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

hey emma,

I can understand exactly how you feel. Do you have any close friends you can talk to? I find having a chat with a close friend takes my mind off things, and helps me to feel 'normal'! Try and keep as busy as you can too, distraction really helps.

tracy x x

Hi Emma,

Don't worry - you are not going mad!! I have been through the same thing many times before!!

Sarah

Hi Emma

It is anxiety and not madness. At the hardest times it feels like madness i have been there but if you were going mad you wouldnt have a clue about it.

Like me you are on your own with a child and you are doing all you can for him and i know he will be all that counts when the going gets tough.

Look at how well you are doing with college and been a single mum, praise where it is deserved mate.

He needs you and you are there for him, no one else can give that.

You are doing a great job even if you struggle you are still there whatever happens or however you feel.

Look at the positive points you have you will be surprsied.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thread Information