Thread: Tetanus fear back FFs, wooden skewer in thumb at work

Tetanus fear back FFs, wooden skewer in thumb at work

Hey,

So I'm back to this again I was at work last night luckily i had gloves on I always wear gloves hate the cuts etc and dry skin makes my spine tingle. Hate it anyway there was a pack of wooden barbecue skewers that had broke open so I went to waste them put them in the bin and stupidly tried to push them down in the bin and ouch on my right took my glove off and there was a little bit of skin hanging from it pulled that off but now I'm worried! it didn't bleed much or at all it took about 2 mins for a decent pool of blood to sit on the surface and before that i squeezed it and nothing came out! at all. I washed it out with soap and water and put some sudocrem on 3 and bit hours later when i got home.

I'm absolutely terrified did it just skim me not deep enough to bleed or has it gone deep! i didn't have to pull it out but I'm scared as it's a puncture wound sort of that didn't bleed it doesn't look like there's a hole and it's tiny but I'm still worried again.

I went to my first cbt yesterday was good learnt a bit and got on well with the guy I'm back in a month from now but this issue is terrifying me.

Re: Tetanus fear back FFs, wooden skewer in thumb at work

How did the appointment go? Tell us about it?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Good

You really have nothing to worry about? the chances of getting tetanus from BBQ stick is so remote it doesn't actually warrant thinking about.. Tetanus is from a bacteria found in soil from animal manure, so unless you work at an extremely strange place I would say you are fine

Oh ok, i worry about every cut I get at the minute. I've had all the tetanus vacs as far as I'm aware I'm 20 nearly 21 and had my last one at 15.

Does it mean you have to have a booster say if you did put something rusty in you or are you completely covered? but yeah lets hope that never happens for god sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    Good
    What kind of a response is this?

Ok it went really well, learnt a bit next month im back again in the next one he's going to go into more detail on anxiety and coping methods etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    What kind of a response is this?
    A bit harsh, this person has been worried sick about an illness they were scared they may have, there mind may have been all over the place and a quick response may have been all they could manage at the time. You'd probably blow your top if you met a particular relative of mine ;-)

Once a month is not enough for someone with your anxiety level. Needs to be once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Once a month is not enough for someone with your anxiety level. Needs to be once a week.
    I agree. There may be reasons why the therapist can't but that is bad management by the service and it happens. The thing is, Josh, we have a government target for people to be seen "the first time". So, it leaves the door open to fudge performance by getting to people quick and then leaving them.

My therapy was usually once every two weeks and then we agreed to monthly later on.

I wonder how many Lockey is getting? Some offer as few as 6, which isn't much use.

Thread Information