Thread: Dhiarrea waking me up through the night

Dhiarrea waking me up through the night

So the past couple of days my BM have been quite loose and erratic - normally a once in the late afternoon kinda gal! However last night about 1am I was actually woken by cramps and had to dash to the loo. Then I was woken again at 4am where is was 'very' loose. I ended up taking an Imodium and haven't had any since but my stomach feels blaaaah!
    Anything I have ever read indicates that if it wakes you through the night it's more serious? I have had it happen before but it was months ago.
    I've never been diagnosed with IBS but think I have the classic symptoms - also my sister and mum suffer from it.
    Please someone tell me I'm just over reacting and it's probably because I've been stressed with work and home the passed week?

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Anyone?

Re: Dhiarrea waking me up through the night

I've had IBS since I was a child, always brought on by anxiety.
    It presents itself in different ways each time and this time it's with diarrhea and cramps.

If I wake in the early hours it doesn't take long before my brain tells my stomach to start cramping and next thing it's a rush to the loo.

If you've had it before and recovered then it's probably safe to say it is IBS. But it could also just be due to somehing you ate or a bug going round. Do you suffer from anxiety usually?
    If you're anxious about your symptoms it's likely they'll continue. That's what happens to me

I've been diagnosed with IBS and occasionally have been woken during the night by a need to poop, especially when it first begun, so it's not unheard of. It does for me more commonly occur first thing in the morning though.

Yeah I am a VERY anxious person. I'd say 90% of the time I have something on my mind. There's not a day where I am not worrying about my health.
    Happened again tonight (it's 5am here and I've been up an hour already). I can familiarise with the feeling that I wake up and then it's as if my bowels wake up! Nipped to the loo and nothing happened but could feel it gurgling etc, then back to bed for 15 mins but I really had to run and it was very loose again! 😔 I can't have this every couple of days!

Thread Information