Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you.....?

Re: Can you.....?

Kay, you're just looking for reassurance again. Your GP is doing you no favours by agreeing to further blood tests-it's just prolonging the HA. GPs have their part to play in HA management too. You have no red flag symptoms-there is no need to repeat the blood tests.

The dr has not ordered the blood tests i have ordered them online. I have not seen my GP yet about this.

I have red flags, change in bowel movements for weeks now, fullness & bloating, if the blood tests come back abnormal ill go see him then.

Of course it's up to you if you want to spend money on more blood tests. You will need to get your ferritin level checked if you are worried about internal bleeding. In my opinion you don't have any red flag symptoms but I know you don't believe this. IBS can cause bowel disturbances, fullness and bloating-it won't affect your haemoglobin and ferritin levels though.

Thanks ill let you all know.

I was left for 2 years with gallstones before any dr listened to me 17 years ago and then at age 17 i had DVT and PE, again, i was dismissed for 6 months and nearly died from blood clots so maybe i am this way as i have no confidence in doctors!

I am on life warfarin and have been on it for 12 years, if there was internal bleeding and seeing as im a risk for bleeding it could show itself more do you think?

Sorry, bad day today! Been to the loo 3 times and my stomach is cramping, anxiety overdrive 😓

It's not surprising that you have no faith in doctors, Kay. Your ferritin and haemoglobin levels will be a good indication if there is any internal bleeding and you're right to be aware of your risks what with having to be on warfarin but please don't let your HA take more of a hold?

It is so painful though, hard to believe it's not something more sometimes. I am trying to believe it is ok but it is hard.

Its awful! It all started with a cough in January and ive cleared myself of throat, stomach & esophageal cancer but somehow now im fixated on colon cancer i cant enjoy my free time as its all i think about just as i did with my previous worries beginning of the year!

I have been reading about people in their 30's and younger being diagnosed with Bowel cancer and it has now frightened the s&%t out of me......

I might go privately to a GI doctor as I know all the GP will do when I see him is dismiss & say IBS as is always the case and then it turns out to be bowel cancer like so many of them damn stories......

Knew something was off!!!! Red and white blood count normal including platelets however my MCV are high.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information