Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help - Seroxat Cold Turkey

Re: Help - Seroxat Cold Turkey

I went cold turkey with seroxat i had been on it for 2 years it was horrible but that was 4 years ago and now i feel great i wish i never went on the pills in the first place it was for panic attacks i went to cbt for a year without any meds and now i am panic attack free i would never go back on any meds for anxiety again because of seroxat i now suffer ectopic heartbeats(missed beats not serious but annoying at times ) and i blame the seroxat for this hope your boyfriend is better soon take care love julie xxx

There is a website seroxatmad.co.uk and you can get a lot of advice there. Seroxat effects people in different ways and coming off of it cold turkey is not a good idea...Liquid form is easier to control but the drug itself should be banned.........

Hi guys, thanks for all your support. I'm Will, Saffi's boyfirend, and I'm gald to have found this forum.

The trouble with Seroxat seems to that it works for some people (enough to make it marketable) but others like me no get benefis, just bad side effects. And my GP just tod me to come off and didn't warn me about the side effects. All good fud eh? I'm not touching seroxat now.

Will

I would definately recomend not visiting that website. It scared me half to death when I came across it while I was taking it. It's a totally negative resource about this drug. There's always bad press coming up about antidepressants, even some of the newer ones are getting similar treatment now.

For every 1 story told of bad withdrawal effects, there are 1000's of people who have very little or no problems at all, who's stories go untold. I came off it, yes I had a bit of a rough time, but I'm over it and it wasn't that bad.

The same as any anti depressant, a small percentage of people do get withdrawal. How it effects each person is very individual, the same as the side effects while taking it.

To say Seroxat should be banned is totally wrong and just scares people. For some people, me included, it probably saved my life.

Hope your BF is feeling better btw, how is he doing?

Jim

Lol, posted at the same time.

How you doing now? I'm sure you'll feel better soon, don't let all the scare stories worry you.

It wasn't very helpful of your doctor not to warn you of the side effects tho.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words. I am feeling a bit better but not 100%. i've been off work so far this week etc.

I'm well aware through friends and relatives who work in mental health that Seroxat is normally helpul, but sometimes it is not. I found it did nothing for me and was then difficult to come off. Most people will not have the experiences I've, and of course they will be scard and more likely to set up a site. That's why talking through things on a forum is a good idea!

Anyway, take care - are you feeling better?

Will

Yeah,

I'm much better now thanks, the main wthdrawal effects only lasted about a week for me, but I did go straight onto a different anti-depressant after that week, which made me feel much better imediately.

I'm getting on ok with that now (Effexor / Venlafaxine), it seems to be helping with the depression but not really yet with the anxiety, but its still early days yet, they're still increasing my dose slowly.

I think for me, I realised when I came off Seroxat that I did need to be on medication, cause my depression came back big time. It's just finding one that deals with the anxiety too that's a pain.

I hope you get on ok without them. There's plenty of other options out there, be it other types of medication, therapy, couselling, etc. I'm sure you'll find the right thing for you.

This site is a great help, glad you're here. There's plenty of people going through the exact same thing and they can support you and offer their experiences too.

Jim

Seroxat is renowned for the severity of the withdrawal symptoms that you can get and should always be tapered under mediacal supervision. Tell him to go back to the docs!

Have to disagree with you jimbo...Hey are you on there marketing team:-)

The negative results are too many for this medication to be called safe.
    I agree that most medications do have side-effects but what I was pointing out is that the side-effects of this medication have caused serious damage to 10s of 1000s of people and its just not worth having the product on the market but I accept that it has benefits to some but again I stand by what I say and I would like to see it BANNED

hi everyone

i have been on and off seroxat. the first time i took it , it helped me a lot however comming off it is a different tale alltogether. it was awfull one time it got so bad that i couldn,t reduce and stayed on it rather than indure the withdrawall effects. i am currently reducing again with the help of liquid form
    and another anti depressant and all is going well so far( apart from the head

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information