Thread: "Existing", not "living"

"Existing", not "living"

Morning all.

I found this forum a few times actually when I Google'd things and have decided to join.

I've also decided that I need to stop googling things because the main reason I am here is my health anxiety. I have been up most of the night convinced I have a very, very serious ailment thanks to Google (only have one symptom out of several which could mean anything but that was enough to convince me my past is catching up and I'm doomed) :-( I don't want to live like this anymore because this hasn't been the only time. I've been totally convinced I've had breast, adrenal and bowel cancer as well as several brain tumours. My health hasn't been great lately, nothing serious but I've convinced myself that it is and I think a lot of it is due to the anxiety I've been facing. This latest one though has put me over the edge and I realise that I need help.

I appreciate the help that I can seem to get on here. I feel like I am currently existing through life and not really living it, but a quick look at some of the posts already have made me feel a bit better :-)

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya DisgracedAngel and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: "Existing", not "living"

Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Re: "Existing", not "living"

Thanks guys!

I've also started a CBT therapy and hoping it will help, although I am at my worst since Googling a symptom and discovering it's a possibility I have something debilitating.

My.main goal is to stop Googling things. I don't know why I do it. It brings me to tears half the time. Physically I feel ok, mentally I don't, and Google convinces me that physically I'm not ok. Anxiety is one heck of a thing!

Thread Information